60 (Otis's P.O.V)

By no means did I plan on falling for her, but I did. She was Vivienne Parker, a famous, young supermodel and I was Otis Milburn, the guy who sat by himself during lunch. The entire school had been talking about her since she's been gone. I would hear hopeful guys talking to each other about asking her to prom. Others were planning on asking her to house parties; anything to be with Vivienne Parker. 

And then there was Nick. Vivienne spent more time with him than anyone and I feared that maybe Vivienne would rather be with him than with me. Everything has been so hectic that I hadn't gotten the opportunity to tell Vivienne how I really felt about her and if she felt the same way. I didn't know how to begin or where. There was so much to say, yet so little time. I had to tell her before it was too late. 

I told her I loved her once already, but she never told me how she truly felt. Maybe I asked during the wrong time. Right person, wrong time. It's as if that phrase was meant for Vivienne.

I couldn't wait for the day Vivienne and I would be able to walk the halls together and go to a restaurant without worrying about someone watching us. I looked forward to the day the three of us could have movie night at Nick's house without fearing for our lives. I just wanted Vivienne to live the life that she deserved. 

I gave myself a deadline. The night of the award show is the night I'm telling Vivienne I want to be with her. No matter what she says, I have to tell her how I feel. The right way. With no interruptions, no wounded leg, nothing.

******                           

The award show was tomorrow. I watched her return from the bathroom in her long, white night gown. She untied her hair from a bun and fluffed it up. I could smell the sweet scent of her coconut almond shampoo and tried to inhale without her noticing. She turned to me and gave me a warm smile as she adjusted the sheets on her side of the bed. I was in love with an angel. 

She turned off the light and sat upright, sighing.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She turned to me.

"I don't think I'm ready for this. Maybe I should tell Tyler I'm not going." She turned to grab her phone as I quickly stopped her. 

"What are you doing? You've got this, Vivienne. This is your only opportunity to stand up for yourself and make your own decision. This is it." I couldn't let her give up now after all she had to go through.

She looked away and set her arm down. "I don't see the point in this. I'm just constantly placing myself in danger." 

"If you decide to step down from the spotlight, then it'd be over. You wouldn't be their property anymore. Why would they hurt you?" I encouraged her. 

"And if I don't?" She looked into my eyes. I was hoping she wasn't planning on containing this toxic career of hers. I couldn't see her suffer any more. 

"Then you find another agency to work with. You find any way to escape Amy and her team."  I wanted to tell her she was an absolute idiot for staying in the spotlight, but I didn't. 

She gave me a slight smile and grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight. "You're right. I got some things to think about." She replied softly. 

"Whatever makes you happy. Do me a favor and this time make the decision for yourself. For your happiness. Not mine, not Nick's, no one." 

"I just want you to be okay." She reached over and switched off the lamp. 

"I will be as long as you are, Vivienne." 

"Don't worry about me. Now get some rest." She lay on her back, gently closing her eyes. 

"I love you." I whispered. 

She fell fast asleep.