39

"Did the hospital call yet?" Nick asked from the hallway. 

"No, it's been 3 hours. I'm getting worried, maybe we should call." I was constantly checking my phone, waiting for that phone call.

"Just wait, he will call once the surgery is over." 

The phone finally rang. I quickly grabbed it and answered. 

"Hello Vivienne, I am calling about Otis. His surgery was successful. He's going to need a few weeks to fully recover, but after that he should be just fine. You can come visit him anytime starting tomorrow morning." The doctor responded.

"Thank you for the good news. I will be there first thing tomorrow morning."

"What did they say?" Nick asked right after I hung up. 

"The surgery went well, we can go visit him tomorrow." 

"So, who do you think shot him?" Nick asked hesitantly. 

"Who do you think shot him?" He deserved my sarcastic response. 

"You really don't think-"

"Who else? Tell me Nick, who else? Otis barely has any friends let alone any enemies. There is only one group of people who are trying to get rid of him. I have to see him tomorrow and ask what he was even doing in your lawn and how the hell he even found your house." I vented.

"Okay that all is understandable, but why would Amy and Tyler and everyone else try to kill someone knowing the consequences?"

"Because when you have money and power you don't have to worry about anything." 

I tossed and turned the whole rest of the night, unable to sleep after everything that had happened. I rushed downstairs and saw that Nick had fallen asleep on the couch. I walked over to him and gently tapped him on the shoulder. 

"You should sleep in your bed, I'll find a way to get to the hospital."

"No, I'm taking you. I'm going to go get ready."

As I walked over to the couch, I noticed he had left his phone on the table. The screen lit up-a text-and his phone was on silent. 

I wanted to be nosy as much as I did not, so I glanced over at his phone to see who it was. It was Amy. The temptation to grab his phone and read the text was at a high, but I knew it was risky. 

Were they talking about Otis?

Was it really Amy who was responsible for Otis getting shot?

There were so many questions that I had wanted answers to, but I had to see Otis first. 

Missing breakfast, we made our way to the hospital. I hurried out of Nick's care and anxiously walked over to the reception area, as Nick struggled to keep up with me. 

The doctor greeted us and told us we could visit him one by one. I went in after Nick as I gathered my thoughts. I slowly opened the door to his room. 

He greeted me with a sleepy smile and took his hand out, wanting me to grab it.

I couldn't help but tearing up, I ran quickly over to him and grabbed his hand, holding it close to my face. 

"Otis! I'm so worried about you Otis I'm so sorry this is all my fault!" I cried. 

"It's not your fault Vivienne. I was the one who basically stalked you guys." He gave a slight chuckle. 

"But why? Why did you do it?"

"Because I felt you weren't being honest with me. I worried about you, and since you wouldn't tell me what was going on, I took it upon myself to try and figure it out, and here I am." 

"Do you know who shot you, Otis?" I was desperately trying to hold back tears. 

"I don't know. All I remember was seeing a black van- I think it was- parked in front of Nick's driveway. I didn't see who was in the car, though."

I weeped again. I knew it was all my fault. Otis wouldn't have been shot and in the hospital if it weren't for me. 

"I am going to take care of you as soon as you are able to go home. Don't worry about anything, Otis. This was all my fault I'm the reason you're here." 

"Vivienne please, don't say that." He reached over to give me a hug. The doctor walked in to tell me I had to leave. 

"I'm coming back tomorrow, Otis." He smiled.

Nick and I's car ride had been silent. I couldn't stop thinking about the black van and how Otis wouldn't have been in this mess if it weren't for me. 

Finally, he spoke. 

"So, Vivienne. Amy texted me earlier today." 

I know, I saw the notification on your phone. 

"What did she say? Did she mention anything about what happened?" I was acting surprised. 

"Nope, nothing. She wants us to officially be public. She told me to post a picture of you on my Instagram." 

Shit.

"Great, I'm ready for the death threats and hat that will be coming my way." I chuckled.

"It's okay, I'll defend you." He winked at me. 

So that's what he was talking to Amy about. I was almost certain it had something to do with Otis. After all, she was the one that was behind all of it. 

"Alright, what picture of me do you want to post?" 

"Send me one, or I can take a picture of you sitting next to me and write a cute caption." 

"Okay let's do that. Get my good side." He took a few and chose one. 

He posted his favorite one on his feed with the caption "Crazy for her" with hearts.

 Instantly, thousands of likes and comments swarmed his and my notifications. My inbox flooded with eager fans asking if it were true that Nick and I were dating. We spent the rest of our day reading comments and defending each other on social media. 

It was official, I was dating Nick Robinson.