28

It was Otis. I didn't even need to look over my shoulder to know it was him. 

"What do you want?" I replied.

"Please, can we just talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about right now, Otis. I have to go." I yanked my hand away and he grabbed my shoulders and turned me around so I could face him.

"We have to talk, Vivienne. I'm sorry."

"Otis what has gotten into you? Why are you acting this way towards me?" 

"Me? I've been worried about you! I've been asking you what has been wrong and you wouldn't tell me what's going on, Vivienne." His eyes were locked into mine.

He was right. There was something wrong, but I couldn't tell him. Who knows what Amy and the rest of them had up their sleeves for Otis, and I didn't want to find out. But, a part of me wanted to tell him already. 

I started to break down and cry as he stood there frozen-almost helpless-until he reached over and put his arm around me. 

"You've been right this whole time, but you wouldn't understand. I don't even fully understand." 

He took his arm away. "What are you talking about?"

I heard Nick's car pull up and he rolled his window down. "I'll explain later. I can't do it here." 

I walked towards Nick's car as he reached over and unlocked the door for me. 

"You better! This conversation isn't over, Vivienne!" Even when he was frustrated at me he still managed to wave goodbye, and I waved back. 

"Is everything alright?" Nick greeted me.

"No, but it will be. Let's go."

_____________________________________________________

After spending another day with Nick, I finally got home. I contemplated whether or not I should tell Otis the truth. What if I made him swear not to tell anyone and keep it a secret and we worked out ways for us to hang out again? Otis wasn't a celebrity, so they won't know that he knows. There was no way they could find out. 

I opened my laptop and sent Otis a message.

Me: Hey

otisslayer17: hi, so what were you going to tell me?

Me: before I explain, none of this might make sense, but I figured you should know.

I took a deep breath. I can do this. I thought to myself. I took a long pause before I began typing,  but stopped as I received a text from an unknown number. 

"Don't do it."  It read.