29

At first, I didn't think much of the text. It could have been a wrong number and that they had just coincidentally texted me right when I was going to message Otis. Me, being bold at the wrong time, replied to the text. 

Me: Don't do what? Who are you?

I waited. I kept staring blankly at my laptop screen, which still had the page open to my inbox.

They responded 2 minutes later.

Don't tell Otis. You'll regret it, remember? 

I panicked and quickly threw my phone on the other side of my bed away from me and got up. I peeked through my windows and went to my front door to see if anyone was out there- no one was.

I didn't know what else to do. I wasn't going to call the police because they would find out and make things much worse for me. I wanted to text Camille so she could stay the night with me, but I didn't want her involved. I went back to check my phone, but no further messages had been sent to me. 

Did they really hire someone to stalk me? 

I quickly logged out of Twitter, closed my laptop and lay in my bed inside my covers. Although still terrified, I knew I was going to be okay because I didn't tell Otis and I was away from my laptop. My mind started racing. What if I had just been homeschooled? Or if I ran away? Would any of this have happened? I wanted nothing more than for it to end, but it made me furious thinking about it because this was barely the beginning. 

If I couldn't tell Otis over text, I was going to do it in person, somewhere I know they wouldn't be able to find us. 

__________________________________________________

A/N HI GUYS! (Super short chapter, I know) BUT! I feel I was gone for too long! I am back, and better (hopefully)!