Characters + Prolougue

STARRING: 

Sirius Black - Gryffindor
Lily Evans - Gryffindor
Remus Lupin - Gryffindor
Mary MacDonald - Gryffindor
Marlene McKinnon - Gryffindor
Peter Pettigrew - Gryffindor
James Potter - Gryffindor

Featuring (OC's)

Carley Abbott - Gryffindor
Nick Abbott - Hufflepuff
Ocean Anderson - Gryffindor
Courtney Brown - Slytherin
Juliet Embry - Hufflepuff
Stella Malfoy - Slytherin
West McKinnon - Gryffindor
Lauren Nickel - Ravenclaw
Maeve Nott - Slytherin
Matthew Nott - Slytherin
Meghan Pettigrew - Gryffindor
Calista Shepard - Slytherin
Jayden Shepard - Muggle

(And all canon characters)

*
*
*

February 5th, 1965

Dragonflies hovered above long blades of grass, evading small, stubby hands that reached out for them. A porch light illuminated the silhouettes of two children chasing each other in their front lawn.

"Tuney! Tuney, grab that one right there!" shrieked the smaller kid, round faced and bright eyed, full of energy, fiery to match her hair.

"I'm trying!" the sister replied, huffing in frustration, her bangs fluttering around her reddened face.

The kids were Lily and Petunia Evans, aged five and seven, who belonged to an upper-middle-class family housed in the English midlands. They were a happy family. The two girls never worried about food or material things. Well fed and cared for, happy as could be; that was the Evans' family.

*

A wooden needle worked its way through thick strings of yarn, twisting and turning, aiding in the creation of a blanket all on its own, while the woman of the home made supper.

A young boy, tufts of dark brown hair sticking up in every which way, ran through the mansion on his toy broom, giggling with glee. He shouted nonsensical sentences only him and his mother could understand.

The front door opened just as the boy darted past it, nearly running into the long, sturdy legs belonging to the man who stood there.

"Papa!" screamed the boy, mid-giggle as he was hoisted into the air, broom and all.

"You've got to watch where you're going Jamsie," his father said, eyes twinkling, as he ruffled his son's already disastrous hair, "you could get hurt."

James ignored his father's kind warning, scapering off into the kitchen instead.

"Papa's home," he announced.

With a swift move, Euphemia Potter strained the pasta and transferred it back into the pot with a creamy sauce, still bubbling. "Well tell him that supper's nearly ready."

"SUPPER'S READY PA!"

*

A tray of chocolate biscuits sat on the counter. They looked so inviting, mouthwatering. If only he was tall enough.

A huff of defeat left soft lips, a short arm coming to rest by his side as he gave up on stretching his fingers towards the treat. But he really wanted it. He really, really wanted it. Mum had said no but he wanted it.

He focused on it, thinking hard. There had to be another way. But mum had moved all the chairs and he wasn't strong enough to climb the counter on his own.

"I wan' tha' biscuit" he muttered. "I really wan' tha' biscuit."

Then the unimaginable happened. The biscuit began to float. It was slow and barely hovering over the plate, but the four-year-old swore it was happening.

Before he could ponder this further, it was snatched out of thin air and the plate was placed even further away.

"Ah. I don't think so," his mother said, a proud little smirk adorning her visage.

"You almost got away with it, Petey."

Peter grinned, blue eyes wide. "Really gramps? I almost did it?"

"Yeah! We'll make a fine wizard of you yet."

"Don't encourage him dad, we still have a few years before he goes off to school."

*

Another boy, small and unassuming, living in the poorer part of the English midlands, was awake that evening listening to sounds of distant laughter and barking dogs who outshone the cricket chirp.

His parents had failed to pay the water and electricity bills the past month. They often did. Mum had gotten a beating out of that. Father expected her to be able to provide since she was magical. She couldn't. So, Severus was left with greasy hair and worse skin, wearing clothing that was far too worn to wear, but would have to do until father managed to make something of his gambling addiction.

It was life young Severus would never speak of as he grew older. A life he would eventually try and fail to forget about.

*

Number twelve Grimmauld Place stood isolated and uninviting. Two boys resided inside the dreary mansion. Both with black curly hair and sharp, piercing grey eyes.

Although only three and five years of age, both boys had learned that lack of obedience led to immense pain. The two were trapped inside their home having been told on numerous occasions that going outside into the 'Filthy Muggle world' would be an act of treason against their family.

So the two; Sirius and Regulus Black, sat inside in silence eating their supper as their parents talked wonders about some man named Voldemort who would restore order to the wizarding world.

*

The English countryside held another small family. Through an open window one could see a woman in her mid-twenties kissing her child goodnight, scolding him jokingly for having chocolate on his lips.

"Goodnight darling, sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite," she said softly and tucked in his sheets.

The child couldn't sleep. The wind whistling through the trees sounded like howls and he could swear he saw the outline of a large hairy beast outside of his widow. The full moon's beams were too bright and cast strange shadows that frightened him.

A twig snapped. The boy's heart-rate spiked with anticipation. He yearned to call for his father but knew he'd only say that nothing was there.

Rattling caught his attention. His eyes met with ones of gold but the second he blinked they were replaced with those of a barn owl.

He needed to get a hold of himself, his imagination was running rampant. There were all sorts of wildlife out here, nothing harmful, just noisy. It was fine. Everything was going to be just fine.