Chapter Six: The Confession

"Oh my God! Hey, Emilia." I muttered in a panicky voice, turning around rapidly.

"I was just going to have a drink of water," Emilia explained, "but I appear to have walked in on the hottest new gossip at the Roller!" She giggled, and I noticed Allison rolling her eyes.

"Do you want me to tell her for you? I mean, I am a love goddess after all."

"Simping for three guys at once doesn't make you a love goddess, Emilia."

"Hey!" She playfully punched me. "But really, do you want me to tell her?"

"No! Or, maybe, yes. I don't know if I'm ready or not yet."

"Well, make up your mind soon. Practice is over in 15 minutes."

"Mind if I add to this conversation?" Allison asked.

"Yes, actually." Emilia sneered.

"Emilia!" I whispered.

"Okay, fine. What is it, Allison?"

"See, I was trying to tell them that they should just go for it."

"Oh my God, Allison, you're actually right for once." She clapped her hands. "Congratulations."

"Thank you!" Allison responded as if it was a sincere compliment. This made Emilia visibly frustrated.

"Ladies!" I interrupted. "How about you help me try to figure out this whole love confession thing?"

"Well," Emilia asked, "how did you figure out you were in love with her?"

I then proceeded to (try to, at least) explain the moments to Emilia, giving her specific examples and everything, like my life is a book that I'm doing a project on for English class.

"Okay, hear me out, Y/N. Have you considered that maybe she's just flat-out flirting with you?"

"No, actually. That..."

"Explains a lot?"

"Yes." I nodded. "But what doesn't make sense abour that is, why doesn't she just tell me?"

"Maybe she's nervous too." Allison chimed in. "She's just better at hiding it."

"That's what I was gonna say!" Emilia exclaimed. "Like that song she sang at the airport!"

"Wow." I laughed. "You two might have more in common than you think."

"What? No! Ew." Emilia and Allison said almost simultaneously.

"Anyways," Allison continued, "I believe that we were helping Y/N figure out how to confess to Ámbar." Then her eyes widened, and she opened her mouth. "What if you were all like, telling her that you liked her songs in stuff but didn't really fall in love with her until you met her for real? That would be hella romantic."

"And then ask her on a date!" Emilia continued.

"But... But what if she says no?" I stammered.

"Do you really think she's gonna say no, Y/N?"

I thought of all the "evidence" that my friends had presented to me, the fact that those "moments" were basically just Ámbar flirting with me.

"You know what? You're right. I do think that she's gonna say yes."

Emilia laughed. "That's the spirit!" She then checked her phone. "Practice just finished, which means that your future girlfriend should be coming any minute now."

"Alright, see you tomorrow!" I heard Ámbar say to one of her teammates before heading toward the locker room.

"We'll leave you to it." Allison whispered to me before her and Emilia left in opposite directions.

"Oh, hey, Y/N." Ámbar greeted. "Where did Emilia go?"

"She had to go do her business. I think she's still in there, actually."

"Are you sure she's not just fingering herself again?"

I nearly snorted. "Maybe. I wouldn't know that. She's your friend."

Ámbar chuckled. "Anyway, you look like you want to tell me something." We both sat down on the bench. "What is it?"

Okay, Y/N. Here goes nothing. "So, Ámbar. Before I met you, I only knew you through your songs. And I thought they were pretty great. But now that I've really gotten to know you, I can really say I think that you're pretty great."

"Aww, thank you, Y/N. That means a lot coming from you." There she goes again.

"And I... I think I wanna be more than friends. Ámbar Smith, will you go out with me?"

Here it comes, I thought, the moment of truth. Ámbar opened her mouth to answer and said...