Chapter Five: Lots Of Feelings

You know, for a second there, I thought that I had dreamt up the whole purple smoke thing. I thought I was gonna wake up back in my tiny apartment in (your city) and go back to how shitty my life was before this whole ordeal.

But instead of that, I woke up in a hospital in Buenos Aires, with Ámbar standing over me.

She gasped. "Y/N, you're awake!"

"What time is it?"

"It's eight in the morning. We kinda left you here overnight. But the doctors said you don't have a concussion or anything because you were wearing a helmet, so that's good." She looked at me tenderly and ran her fingers through my hair. "I wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

And then the feelings returned. Lots and lots of feelings. It's almost like she was trying to bait me.

"Imagine having to wear a helmet, though." Emilia rudely interrupted.

"Shut up, Emilia." Ámbar said.

"Anyway," I continued, "Does that mean I can go home now?"

"Yes, you can." The nurse answered.

"Come on, let's go." Ámbar directed us toward Emilia's car, and me, her, Emilia, and Allison (who was also there) got in.

A few days later

We then headed back to the Jam & Roller, as it was the weekend and Ámbar and Emilia didn't have university.

When we got there, Ámbar asked me, "Do you feel ready to skate again yet?"

"Um, no?" I answered sarcastically.

Ámbar laughed. "That's what I thought. It's fine. We can just hang out in the lounge. Not right now, though. We have practice." And then she left with Emilia.

I took this opportunity to have a one-on-one chat with Allison, because I kept having "moments" similar to the one at the hospital, or the one that caused me to pass out. I had to tell someone about this. I certainly couldn't tell any of my other new friends. Not Emilia, definitely not Ámbar, not even the Red Sharks stan account I was mutuals with who communicated with me via DMs occasionally. Allison was probably my safest bet.

I dragged her into the locker room.

"Y/N, what's going on?" she asked.

"Allison, I need to tell you something."

"Oh my God, you're pregnant."

"What? No!"

"Sorry, it's just that the last few times my friends have told me that, it was because they were pregnant."

"How many- You know what, nevermind. I'm here to tell you about these moments that I keep having."

"Ohhh, okay. And what kind of moments are we talking about, exactly?"

"It's involving Ámbar. It's basically like when you have a crush on someone, and there are some moments where they just do something that could be taken in a like, romantic sense, and then your heart just goes-" and then I made a dramatic shaking motion near my heart.

Allison stifled a chuckle. She seemed to be very amused by my particular way of explaining things.

"Hey!"

"Sorry, I know it can be hard sometimes to describe your feelings."

"No, it's fine." And then we laughed and laughed for quite a few minutes.

Once we were done our giggle fit I continued the conversation.

"So," I sighed, "What should I do?"

"Just tell her!"

"What?!"

"You heard me! Tell her how you feel!"

"Are you insane?"

"No! Tell me, what do you have to lose?"

"Uh, her?"

"Oh, come on, Y/N. Telling your friend you have a non-reciprocated crush on them and they completely cut you off? That type of shit only happens on TV."

"Really?"

"Yeah! And if you want my opinion, the feeling of regretting not doing something is far worse than regretting doing something."

Who knew Allison could be so wise? Certainly not me.

"So do I just say-"

"Just tell Ámbar you have a crush on her. That should do the trick."

"You have a crush on Ámbar, Y/N?"

I turned around and saw that Emilia had just walked in on our conversation.