Chapter Fourteen: A Wish Granted

Y/N's perspective

"Oh my God, Y/N. Oh my God. They're alive. Luna, they're alive!"

These were the first words I woke up hearing, followed by Ámbar kissing me on the forehead. I didn't know where I was, but it definitely wasn't our bedroom. All the walls were white, and so was the comforter on the bed I was laying in. Along with Ámbar, her cousin, and all of my other friends, there was an unfamiliar man dressed like... a nurse? I was in a hospital! Why did it take me so long to realize that? I would've facepalmed if my arms didn't feel so weak.

I went back through my memory to try and figure out why I was in the hospital and why my girlfriend was crying tears of joy over the fact that I was alive.

The last thing I remember was falling asleep next to my lovely Ámbar, and then waking up to someone I didn't recognize dragging me out of bed, onto the floor, and then repeatedly forcing a knife into my chest.

Who was it that stabbed me? What did I do to deserve this? I thought. It was then that I remembered the ominous message from redsharksupdates, how they wanted me to "stay away" from Ámbar, and how quick they were to play it off like a joke when they realized that I was mad at them.

Of course, that didn't answer the "what did I do to deserve this" question, but the answer to that one was probably "nothing". Because even if I did do something, no one deserves to be a victim of even attempted murder. That's my opinion, at least. But I was still curious as to what redsharksupdates' motive was. It was then that I overheard a conversation between Ámbar and one of the nurses.

"Do we have any information about the assailant?" my girlfriend asked.

"Yes, actually. They got her to confess everything in the interrogation room." the nurse replied. "Her name is Alana Gonzalez, and she is suffering from schizophrenia. Apparently, she believed that there was an all-knowing voice in her head that was saying that you were innocent and could do no wrong, and your significant other over there was a heartless monster. She couldn't figure out any other way to keep them away from you than killing them."

"Oh my God, that's horrible." I entered the conversation. "I mean, I know that Alana literally tried to kill me, but... I kind of feel bad for her. I mean, she thought that this voice in her head was real and trustworthy. Obviously, excuses don't hold up in the court of law, but you know what? I forgive her."

To be honest, I really surprised myself with going from thinking that there was no excuse for someone to try to murder me to feeling this much sympathy for my assailant. Was it because she thought that what she did was right? Probably. All I knew was that I had an idea.

💜💜💜

And now we've reached the end of our story. In case you were wondering, my idea (that Ámbar strongly agreed with me on) was that we used money from Ámbar's family to bail Alana out of jail, and send her to a proper mental hospital so that she can get the treatment she needs for her illness.

And what about the other characters you've grown to know and love? Well, me and Ámbar are, obviously, still dating and very much in love, and so are Allison and Emilia. The latter two created a stellar roller skating performance that was talked about for days thanks to Allison's Phantom of the Opera-themed set design.

The only thing that really changed is that Ámbar's relationship with her cousin Luna significantly improved since she basically saved my life by calling the ambulance.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that, since the beginning of this story, my life has been way better, all thanks to that puff of purple smoke.