Chapter Ten: A Bright Idea

You know that expression "love is as blind as a bat"? I felt like that there was no better sentence to apply to what Allison had just told me. Your heart doesn't care how your head feels about a person. I mean, when Allison first got to know Emilia, she wanted to punch her in the face every time she saw her, and now my friend was telling me every little thing that made her fall madly in love with her.

"And she's not mean, she's just sassy. Like me, kind of." Allison was explaining.

"Hey, Allison," I chimed in, "I hate to interrupt your rant, but what are you gonna do about this massive crush of yours?"

"Um..."

"Come on, Allie. You helped me with my crush, surely you can help yourself with yours."

"It's not that easy, Y/N."

"How so?"

"Ámbar didn't hate your guts."

"Hmm, good point. I guess I didn't think of that."

"When do you ever think before you speak, Y/N?"

"I know, I know." The Karen incident at the bakery was definitely enough proof to Allison that I am very impulsive.

"Anyway, Y/N, I know you're the furthest from a love deity out of everyone I know, but you're also friends with Emilia, so can you please help me?"

"I mean, I can try. Let's start things off with a simple question: Do you actually want to tell her how you feel?"

"I feel so strongly that I just can't hold it in, Y/N. I don't want to tell her, I need to."

"Then the next step is to come up with a course of action. How are you going to go about doing that?"

"Well, before I go about doing that, I need to be able to talk to her without her telling me to go away, calling me a loser, and spitting in my face."

It was at that moment that I had an idea. "I can help with that."

Allison stared at me in disbelief. "Really? How?"

"Allison, how many bedrooms are in your apartment?"

"Oh, yeah," she laughed. "About that. I got hooked up with a 2 bedroom apartment for some reason, despite the fact that there's only one of me."

"Perfect. Allison, how do you feel about having a sleepover?"

"That sounds great! I haven't had a sleepover since middle school."

"Okay, so here's the plan." I tore out a page of Allison's sketchbook, and took out four of her miniature erasers that are shaped like different emojis. I drew two circles on my page.

"So these circles are your two bedrooms." I labeled them as "#1" and "#2".

"Bedroom #1 is the bedroom you don't use." I put the crown emoji (👑) and the smiley face emoji (😃) in circle #1. "Me and Ámbar will sleep in there. And then we have Bedroom #2. This is your bedroom." I put the smiling demon emoji (😈) and the rainbow emoji (🌈) in circle #2. "You and Emilia will sleep in there."

Allison nodded in agreement. "So the idea is that if me and Emilia have to share a room, she'll eventually get to know me and stop hating me?"

"Precisely."

"Well, I think it's a great idea. Let's call up your friends right now."

"On it." I opened up Snapchat and messaged Los Ganadores, the groupchat that I'm in with Ámbar and Emilia.

Me: are you guys done practice?

Ámbar: Yeah, what's up?

Me: Allison invited both of you to a sleepover tonight

Emilia: me too?

Me: yup!

Emilia: weird

Me: well, are you gonna go?

Emilia: that depends on if ámbar's going

Me: well then, Ámbar, are you going?

Ámbar: That depends on if Y/N's going

Me: she invited me too. it's gonna be the 4 of us. so ofc i'm going

Ámbar: Then I'm going

Emilia: which means im going too

Me: awesome! see y'all tonight

I turned toward Allison. "They both said yes!"

Allison had a huge smile on her face.