Chapter Seven: We're Official. What Comes Next?

Actually, Ámbar didn't say anything. She just stared into my eyes for a few seconds that felt like a few hours. Then she did something that I wasn't at all expecting.

She leaned in closer, put her arms around me, leaned in, and kissed me on the lips.

In that moment my heart, which was previously pounding from the fear that she was just leading me on and that she was gonna tell me no, slowed down significantly. I felt safe being held in Ámbar's arms, with her soft lips pressed up against mine. I closed my eyes, and let the magic happen.

Then, when she pulled away, she smirked at me and asked, "Does that answer your question?"

Assuming that that was a rhetorical question, I leaned in towards her as if I was asking her to kiss me again. And so she did. We could've gone on like that forever, but we were interrupted by Emilia walking in.

"Am I interrupting something?" she giggled.

"Yes, actually. I was making out with this beautiful, beautiful person named Y/N who also happens to be the love of my life."

I turned as red as a tomato, and looked at the ground. Trying to change the subject before my head literally exploded, I asked, "So how about that date I asked you out on?"

"Let's have it right now!" Ámbar exclaimed. "What kind of food would you like to eat?"

I didn't have to think for very long before replying with my all-time favourite food. "What are your thoughts on sushi?"

"Sushi sounds great! There's a good sushi place that isn't far from the Jam & Roller. I can ask Emilia to drop us off there."

So we all got in the car and then Emilia drove us to the Hirano Family Sushi Restaurant, and dropped us off there.

"So... what should we talk about?" I asked Ámbar. "Normally on a first date we would try to get to know each other, but we've pretty much already done that."

We were sitting in a booth on the same side of the table so that we could be as close to each other as possible.

"How do you feel about us making it official?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Okay, smile!" She pulled out her phone and took a selfie of us. She then uploaded it to Instagram and skipped directly to adding a caption.

"No filter?" I asked.

"I don't need a filter. I'm flawless." Ámbar responded.

"And what about me?"

"You too, Y/N. You're beautiful! How many times do I have to tell you that before you stop being hard on yourself?" My girlfriend looked at me pitifully.

"How am I beautiful?"

"Because I said so, that's how."

"Aww, thanks. You're beautiful too, Ámbar. I just want to..." and then we had another good, long make-out session before we remembered that we still hadn't posted the Instagram photo.

"Hold up." Ámbar pulled out her phone, and then a second later I got a notification from Instagram. I opened it up and there was the selfie we took.

.reina.de.la.pista: First date ❤️ (it's Y/N if you're wondering)

I gave the picture a like. And then, of course, less than a minute later, there was a new tweet from redsharksupdates.

redsharksupdates tweeted: BREAKING NEWS: Ámbar and Y/N have made it official that they are dating! let me know what their ship name should be 🤔

"Is that the account that you're mutuals with?" Ámbar asked.

"Yup!" I replied. "They're always tweeting about stuff literal seconds after it's announced."

"That's stan Twitter for you."

I nodded my head.

The rest of the night was spent eating sushi and having casual conversation, and then we called Emilia to drop us back off at Ámbar's house. We both got changed and then settled in for the night, except instead of immediately drifting off to sleep like my girlfriend, I went on Snapchat instead. Right after changing Ámbar's name in my contacts to include 7 different heart emojis, I noticed I had a new message from Allison.

Allison: how'd it go?

Me: it was amazing. we made out like 3 times lmao

Allison: wow. red sharks twitter is going insane over ámbar's insta post

Me: yea i can tell
anyway she also wouldn't stop telling me how beautiful i was
i love her so much 🥺

Allison: and she clearly feels the same about you 🥺
makes me wish i wasn't single
anyway it's almost midnight so i'm going to bed now. gn

Me: gn

I was about to go to bed as well when I got a DM on Twitter from redsharksupdates. But instead of the usual friendly messages they send me, they sent this:

redsharksupdates: ÁMBAR IS MINE. STAY AWAY FROM HER