8

Meredith was still unconscious when OB was checking her out. Derek, Alex and Yang all ran in there " how is she? " Derek asked.
" Well she definitely had a miscarriage and we are going to keep her on bed rest, it was very early so she doesn't need any kind of medication " The OB nurse told us all. Alex felt so bad, he knew how much those two were trying to get a baby, and when they finally do a mass shooting comes along.
Then when the nurse left us alone Meredith started to shake and sweat a lot. Derek put his hand on her forehead " she is really hot" he said. Then she started to whimper Cristina went up to her and checked her pulse " It is racing " she said.
" I'll page her doctor " Alex said leaving the room. " Oh Mer please be ok! " Cristina whispered.

Lexie started to wake up and choke on her tube. " Lexie? Lex hey babe it is going to be alright ok I'm right here " Mark said waiting for the nurse to come and help. But no one came " ok soit the tube out on 3 " Arizona jumped in, Lexie listened to her " 1, 2, 3! "
She brought her head up and sighed and laid it back down on her pillow. She looked around " where am I? " she stuttered. " you are at Seattle Pres, and there was a shooting remember? " Mark said,
" smh how could I forget about it, did anyone else get shot? "
" well there were a lot of people who got shot including Torres and Grey, "
He looked down trying to avoid contact.
" Grey? As in Meredith? Meredith got shot? Where I she? I need to see my sister! " she yelled in one breath and choked out a sob, Mark went to hug her as she buried her face in his dark blue scrubs.
" is she alive? " she whispered
" she is fine " mark whispered back to her.
Arizona left the room to go sit in the waiting room to hear about her girlfriend.

A doctor rushed in to Meredith's room
" your friend said that she had a high fever? "
" yes she is sweating, shacking and turning red " Derek said to the doctor. But he just replied with
" I'll keep an eye on her ok!" He said walking out
" well that was helpful " Cristina muttered to herself.
Alex went down to the E.R to check on Lexie

The doors swooshed open, Richard and Bailey rushed in there yelling at the nurse.
Alex walked to them
" Guys? What you need " he asked them
" Oh Karev great I need you to tell me where they are "
" oh I'm well Lexie is in bed 7, Torres is in the O.R and Meredith was in O.B but I think they moved her to room 1456. "
Richard and Bailey stood there confused
" why is Grey in O.B she ain't pregnant " Bailey snapped at him.
" well she was and now she isn't, she had a miscarriage "
Alex said walking away to Lexie's room.
Richard looked at Bailey and then they both ran to room 1456.
They rushed into the room Dereks hands were in her hair and Cristina was sitting on her bed. Meredith didn't look ok, she was shaking and sweating. " DEREK! what happened is she ok? " Richard yelled hating seeing her in this position.
" Oh Richard! I-I don't know, she had a miscarriage and when we brought her in the room she spiked a fever and started to shake. I feel like I'm being useless. " Derek said running his hands through his hair.
" Did you call a doctor? "
" we did but he wasn't much help " Cristina said panicking. Bailey stood there staring at her Intern.
" how long? How long was she like this " Bailey asked looking at Meredith
" about 15 minutes " Derek said looking at his wife.
" what the hell " Richard whispered storming out the door to the nurses. " GET ME THE CHEIF NOW!" He yelled
He calmed down and entered the room again.
Bailey was checking her IV bags, stitches and temperatures. Everything seemed fine until she asked Derek two things he didn't know the answer of " was there a head injury?, how much blood did she lose? "
She looked at Derek and his dreamy blue eyes. " she did lose a lot of blood and I wasn't there when she you know. Oh but there was this one time where she was conscious and she asked for George to meet with him at the bar. " he said taking her shaky hand and looked at Cristina " OK! the shooter came and he was supposed to shoot me, but then Meredith did this idiotic thing and jumped in front of me so that made the bullet go in her, I passed out for like 3 minutes and I woke up to her on her back bleeding on top of me. " She said shedding a tear. " she hasn't stopped shaking " Cristina muttered to herself. " Richard was running his head hearing all this when the Chief came in...

" hey um how are you ? " Alex asked Lexie who was still awake.
" I feel fine but I just need to how Meredith is doing " she said with her hand on her stomach.
Alex didn't know what to say because he didn't want to lie but he also didn't know what was happening to his best friend. " well, um we don't know... I-" he stuttered. " There is something wrong with her and we don't know what" he spat out. Mark gave him a glare and asked " what do you mean? "
" well she is really hot, and she won't stop shaking and sweating and the doctors won't do anything about it here so I don't know! " he said staring at the ground. " how is her blood pressure " Lexie asked.
" elevated " he sighed. " my sister is going to die " Lexie sobbed. " Karev go check on Robbins " Mark said pulling Lexie into a hug.
Alex nodded and left to check on Arizona.

Arizona was just sitting there waiting for a surgeon to come and tell her that she will be ok. Every minutes feels like an hour, and every hour feels like a day. Alex comes up behind her and puts his hand on her shoulder, that frightened Arizona. " Oh jeez Karev! " she shouted " sorry " Alex replied sitting beside her
" Any news " he asked once more
Arizona just shook her head. He sat with her till the doctors came. 10 minutes later 2 surgeons came waking towards them, one men who was older and shorter and a women who had short blond hair came towards them. " Dr.Robbins? " the old doctor asked, Arizona looked above and stood up within a second.
" y-yes "
" we are here to tell you that she did a very good job during surgery and that there were no complications! " she informed.
Alex sighed and Arizona threw a big smile across her face and they hugged each other. " would you like to see her? " The doctor asked
Alex turned towards Arizona " you go with Callie and I'm going to go with Mer " he said walking away, Arizona nodded to the doctors and walked with them to Callies room.

" she hasn't stopped shaking " Cristina muttered to herself.
Richard was running his head hearing all this when the Chief came in... " Ah Dr Webber! Nice to see you "
Richard stood up " WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR HOSPITAL? " he yelled
Everyone looked at Richard then at Meredith. " Richard? What is the problem? " he simply asked again
" they problem is that one of my residents is looking like this *points to Meredith * while your stupid residents won't do anything to HELP HER "
Alex came in the door, and all eyes went on him, he awkwardly walked his way towards Cristina, " what is happening? " he asked her
" Webber is yelling at the Chief "
" why? "
" Cuz the chief is an ass "
Derek tried his best not to listen to the conversations and the yelling and just focus on Meredith, he wants to see her beautiful crystal eyes again, he wants to see her little scrunched up nose when she smiles to big and bright, he wants to hear her voice of an angel, he wants to her to hear him say " i love you " one more time. Derek got up to kiss her on the forehead, usally he would do it on her beautiful lips but there is so much tubes coming out that he could barly see her lips.
Derek cannot see Meredith like this anymore. " So what is the plan to help her out? " he yelled, all eyes went on him then it all went to the Cheif.
" I will do a blood work, and i will see if there is anything on there, that is the best i could help you guys out " he spat while walking away.
" are you going to do an MRI or even a CT ? " Alex asked with his hands crossed.
" I dont think that would be nessacary " he said once more walking out
Derek walked up to Richard, " It could be a brain bleed, her B.P went through the roof over 3 times and we did shock her more that 5 times today, o-or maybe it would be beacause of the stress, she- she has a miscarrige because of the stress. "
Cristina looked down at shivering sweaty Mer and held her hand, thinking of all the things that could go wrong.