13

Derek looked down and then at Meredith, " Mer please wake up, I know your tired
but please do it for me " he whispered in her ear.
One week later....
Richard didn't let Derek work, he was too unstable.
Meredith hasn't changed either. Callie got to go home last week and she comes back in tomorrow
Lexie goes home tomorrow, but we all know where she is going to be.
Derek hadn't left Merediths side since the surgery.
Cristina and Alex tried not to think about it. Jackson wad worried out of their mind because Mer was the first person he had actually made friends with. April prayed to God that she would wake up healthy.
Mark had to bring Derek food, since he wasn't leaving.
" they just got married " Mark said to himself not knowing g what he would do if he was in that position. He couldn't watch his best friend  go through hell.
Richard had Dr.Nelson and a new neuro attending from Mass Gen " Dr. Williams " come to help with the neurological problems.

Derek couldn't cope with all pain and stress by himself. He needs someone to keep him company. Derek couldn't just sit there watching the love of his life suffer, watching a machine breath for her,
Derek just sat there going over the procedure thinking that he did something wrong. When Lexie came in with her bag of personal belongings. " how is she? " she asked looking at her sister, Derek just shook his head while holding on tightly on Merediths hand.
The three just stood there for minutes. Derek fell asleep on Merediths hand and Mark and Lexie were having a conversation. Then all of a sudden Merediths eyes fluttered open then it closed, Lexie noticed and immediately stood up from her chair and went to Merediths, " Meredith? " she said walking up Derek,
Derek looked and Lexie was all over Meredith, " wha-what happened " he asked in his sleepy voice. " her-her eyes just fluttered open and then it closed I-I " she said moving her hand.
" THERE JUST LIKE THAT " she yelled pointing to Meredith, Derek looked at his wife and saw that her eyes indeed fluttered open, but closed. He quickly jumped out of his seat " MER! MEREDITH! Did you open your eyes, Meredith look at me again, please Meredith, please open your eyes " Derek begged holding both sides of her face, Meredith did it again but it was just white, her pupils were at the top of her eyes, " derek, " mark whispered.
" page the chief " he whispered to mark, Mark nodded and went out to page the chief. Derek grabbed his flashlight and examined Meredith. Lexie was on the floor holding her hand while sobbing. Richard ran in, " what happened is she ok " he asked looking down at Lexie and a light in Merediths eye
Mark touched him on the shoulders and told him about how her eyes fluttered open about 3 times but they closed right after. Richard sighed and walked up to Derek,
They all stared at Meredith and waited for her to flutter her eyes open again. But it never happened. Richard got paged to the pit so he left. Mark went to bring a gurney for Lexie to sleep on, Derek and Lexie just sat there
2 weeks later
Mark, Callie, Arizona, Jackson, April, Cristina, Alex, Teddy, Owen and Bailey all leaned at the counter watching Derek and Lexie just sit there with Meredith. Everyone was surprised that Cristina or Alex wasn't there, But to tell the truth Cristina was too scared that if she goes in there something might happen to her and Alex couldn't go into another patients room with someone that he loves since the last time.

Derek was sitting there talking to Lexie, " wait so how long have you guys known each other " she asks, Derek smiled remembering those moments where they were both awake and laughing. " well, it has been on and off alot and..." Derek said when he stopped talking and stared at Meredith. " she squeezed my hand " Derek said making Lexie concered, " what? " she asked " she squeezed my hand " Derek said with tears in her eyes. Lexie smiled and waved everyone in.
They all came in " what happened " they all yelled. " She squeezed my hand- I - I felt it " Derek said shocked. " well she isn't paralyzed " Cristina said. Mark and Callie just looked at each other and everyone else stayed silent. " Meredith please move for me again " Derek begged. He knew everyone was staring at him but he didn't care, all he wanted was for his love of his to wake up and be happy again. Some pagers go off, Owen, Teddy, Arizona and Bailey all leave the room. " Meredith please its been 2 weeks, please wake up, god please let her wake up " Derek prayed as Lexie had tears dripping down her face. Mark escorted everyone one out including Lex. He closed the door leaving Derek by himself. " Mer, if you hear me i want you to know that before i met you i never knew what it was to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason, I am deeply in love with you, i'm in love with your smile, your voice, your body, your laugh, your eyes but most of all i love you and i will never love anybody but you," Derek said and chuckled, he wiped his tears away " so you have to wake up, wake up for me, for Cristina and Alex, wake up for your future " he said staring at her remembering all those beautiful moments he had planned. 

" He really loves her " Alex said to the group standing " yea, they are each others other half " Mark said rubbing Lexie's shoulder.