3

This part will reflect on Meredith the most.
Cristina grabbed some sheets to hold the bleeding, When her phone rang, It was Derek
D: Mer where are you?
C: DEREK! we need help
D: Cristina? what happend is Mer okay?
C: NO! she just got shot in the chest
D: your kidding right? please tell me you are kidding
C: I wish I was, derek she is bleeding too much, too fast she needs help.
D: WHERE ARE YOU?!"
C: The patient room 3019 I think.
D: Im coming!
Derek ran to the room when he heard that the love of his life has been shot.
" 3019, 3019, 3019" he whispered to himself. He yelled " 3019!" when he finally found it, he opened the door to see Meredith laying there unconscious blood surrounding her and Cristina ontop of her with red bloddy bed sheets.
Derek looked pale, he looked like he was about to faint. He quickly dropped on the floor " When did it happen?" he asked her
" About 8 minutes ago?"
" and she has been out ever since?"
Cristina nodded her head and looked at Derek with tears in her eyes. " She saved me, The bullet was suppose to go into me but she jumped in front of me, she saved me!" Cristina told Derek. Derek didnt look that suprised he knew that Meredith would do anything to save her person. " We need to go now!" he told her. Cristina looked up and looked confused. " Lets get her on a gurney and take her in the O.R, and luckily the O.R's are on this floor, so we need to go NOW!" he said all in one breath. Cristina got up and brought the gurney, Derek held pressure on the wound. He picked up her bridal style and gently placed her on the gurney. " Let do this" Cristina whispered. They got out of the patients room and started walking towards the th O.R rooms. Meredith woke up screaming, and crying, Derek saw the pain in her eyes  " Derek? Cristina? Alex? " she said foggy. " Meredith hey, its me Derek we got you and we are  going to help you now. okay?" he said to her. " Derek dont forget that we have to meet Lexie and George at the Joe's " she said before passing out. They stopped the gurney Derek looked at Cristina " Did she hit her head? " he asked her " I dont think so?" she replied.
Derek checked her pupiles and saw nothing. They contined to the O.R and when they got there Cristina laid out the bed sheet and prepped. Derek grabbed her and laid her on her back. Cristina attached her to multiple I.V's and put her under while Derek scrubbed. Once Meredith was under Cristina went to scrub. " Are you sure you can do this?" she asked
" I am the only attending here and I am the only person here that can do it " he said looking at his wife.
Derek grabbed the scapel and cut. Cristina knew what to do since she saw a thousands gunshots to the chest. " Clamp and Retractor " he said when someone bust in the door.
They both looked to see that it was Owen and Teddy with two other people behind them who looked like Jackson hugging April. " Shepard? what are you doing? Are you both okay? Who is on the table? " he asked
" Hunt can you send in Altman please and The patient inside of me is my wife!" he said trying to be calm as he can.
Everyone at the door went silent. Altman ran quickly to scrub in and Hunt told Avery and Kepner to stay in the O.R
Derek didnt specilize in Cardio so he wasnt 100% sure what he had to do. He just stood there waiting. Altman soon came in and told them to step away. " Avery want to scrub in?" she asked needing the help. Avery nodded and came to help. Derek was standing there wil his bloody gloves and gown. He watched  Altman did surgery on his soulmate. Cristina and April sat on the floor beside each other. Derek took off his gloves and gown and sat beside Meredith's head stroking her beautiful blonde hair. Owen came and sat beside Cristina. A few minutes later she started to code, * beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeeeeeeeeeep* Derek and Cristina jumped up " V-FIB, Starting compressions " Avery said not too loudly. " Give me the internal paddlesand charge it to 120!" She yelled. Owen quickly got up and charged the paddles to 120 " CLEAR! "she yelled
" Still V-FIB " Jackson yelled
" CHARGE TO 200, CLEAR! Push 2 of EPI " She yelled once more
Dereks face was pale and Cristina looked like she was about to faint. * flatline *  " no, c'mon grey! " she whispered to herself. " Charge one more time to 270, Clear! " She yelled.
they waited and all eyes were on the monitor as there still was not a sinus rythem. * flatline *  Jackson still continues compressions. Derek came up to her trying to avoid seeing her open chest. " Mer please, I need you to stay with me, We have to live until we are 110 warm and old in our bed remember?" he said bawling and kissed her on the forehead. Jackson started to do compressions harder and harder. " Try again! " Cristina said. " TRY AGAIN! " she yelled this time. Teddy looked at her and then at Owen " charge to 300 one more time and push 1 of EPI, Clear." Everyone looked at the monitor. " SINUS TACH! " Jackson yelled. Everyone sighed in relief, Teddy and Jackson begin of where they left off and Derek went and hugged Cristina very tightly. He went back and said " You did baby! I love you " Owen came up to Cristina " I am going to find somemore people to help okay and you stay right here " he said to her.
Cristina lokked shocked at what he just said. " WHA- NO! what if you get shot and die!" she said panicking. He held her hand and told her " I will text you every 5 minutes, I promise " He got up and left. Dereks mind was wondering how this girl had survived do much, I mean with her mother and Father, Drowning and an ambulance crash? And yet we dont know if there will be more to come. Teddy guided Jackson through surgery. Cristina kept getting 5 minutes texts from Owen saying that he is safe. " Dr.Altman she is starting to bleed out " Jackson whispered. " I know she whispered back. Meredith's B.P count started to rise more by the minute. " Kepner come here I need more suction " Teddy yelled trying not to face Meredith's husband and Her person. April got up and put gloves on and helped with the bleeding. " I DONT KNOW WHERE THE BULLET OR THE SOURCE OF BLEEDING IS!" she yelled. everyone went quiet, you could only hear the suction sound.

Soon Avery put his hand in Meredith's chest without any warning. " Dr. Avery what do you think you are doing? " Altman said. " I am going in blind hoping to find the source of bleeding. " he replied. Dr. Altman nodded, April kept the suction and Derek and Cristina just stood in the back beside each other scared and terrified losing her person.  Avery's face looked focus, everyone was staring at him. Cristina was praying " Don't bleed out and die, Don't bleed out and die ". Altman looked at his hand shifting around the heart " Avery can yo-" " Shhh" Jackson cut her off " I think i found the bleeding, I think that there is a tear in the right side of the pericardium and I also feel something hard to-touching the tip of my finger."

Jackson took a deep breath in and watched all eyes was on him. " Avery look at me, put one of your fingers on the tear without moving the bullet." Altman directed him. He nodded his head and closed his eyes to focus. He slowly moved his hand towards the pericardium and covered the tear. " Okay got it now what?"  he asked.

" Now we wait so we can have a more clearer vision of the bullet, When i say so you will let go of the tear and grab the bullet with your fingers and pull it out and i will go in and stitch up the tear" She said. " Is that safe? What if she bleeds out again?" Derek yelled worried about his wife  Teddy yelled " Dr. Shepard can you please step back and be quiet so we can work "  Everyone went silent. Teddy looked back at Jackson and nodded her head. Later than a minute later Jackson pulled his hand out in a fist and stepped back so Teddy can do the rest of the work. He placed the bullet in the tray and traded spots with April. Cristina was on the ground and whispering " Its my fault, Its my fault " Derek sat beside and hugged her. " Cristina she will be ok, she always is " He said to comfort her. " Stitch it done now lets see if it worked" She said out loud. Derek and Cristina got up to see what was happening. " and we are all good!" she said smiling behind her mask. Everyone sighed in relief. Derek and Cristina hugged each other and went over to Meredith, April and Jackson put a smirk on thier face when Teddy asked Jackson to close. Jackson was almost done closing when Hunt came in again.