15

But little does anyone know, Meredith heard everything.
  Meredith cant open her eyes, " Oh no is she gorked? " she thought. She can hear everyone. Meredith could hear all of Dereks romantic speeches, all the cool surgeries her mother did, she heard April pray, she heard Cristinas cool cardio stuff, she heard Alex breaking down, she hear Jackson, Mark, Callie, Bailey, Teddy and everyone else telling her to wake up.
Every time someone tells her to wake up she tries to let them know that she is right there. " will I ever wake up?, will I ever be able to see Dereks face again? Will I ever be able to have his kids " Merediths thought to herself.
" It's been 2 months and I need to wake up or else they will think I will never wake up and soon they will all forget about me. "
Meredith doesn't pray a lot but this time she thinks she should try
" Um- hello god or whoever is up there!
I am begging you to wake me up with no neurological problems please. "
She said in her head.
I cant hear anyone, " was I alone? " she thought. Then she heard the door open and someone coming in, " nwho was it? "
Meanwhile outside of Merediths head
Derek was in the attending lounge, Arizona and Callie were filling out the charts on the counter when they heard some nurses giggling. " she will be a vegetable when she wakes up" one of them said " Ha u mean if she does," the other said when they all started to laugh.
" did you hear that her own husband did brain surgery on her "
" she is so lifeless "
" arrogant and selfish "
" I mean she got herself into this "
" woah what do you mean? "
" the shooter was supposed to hit Yang but she she jumped in front " the nurses gossiped not knowing Torres and Robbins were behind them. " don't make a scene " Arizona whispered to Callie.
Callie just nodded.
" I cant believe that they haven't given up on her yet! " one of them said
When Callie slams the chart on the counter.
" really? " she said
All 5 nurses looked back at her.
" you think this is her fault? You think she wants to be in that position to be in pain and not say anything. Her life is on a cliff and you and your little girly friends wants to make fun of her. Yes her husband operated on her to save her life, She protected her best friend from a bullet. Meredith Grey is not selfish or arrogant, she is strong and kind. We didn't give up on her because she would never give up on us. So you want to get off your ass and go help people who need it or do you want to stay here while I report you to the Chief. " Callie screamed while the nurses rushed off somewhere. " I made a scene " she whispered as Arizona stood there amazed by her girlfriend.

" Derek go down to the cafeteria and eat something " Bailey told him.
Derek look up with his dark baggy blue eyes.
" no I'm not hungry " he said walking towards Merediths room.
" Derek you should at least have some coffee " Mark offered. Derek took the coffee and sat back down on the couch " I forbidden you " Bailey whispered.
" what? " Derek replied
" I forbidden you to go see Meredith until you eat " Bailey said putting on her white coat.
" wha- Bailey you can't do that! " Derek said shocked
" I just did, go get food then you can go see her " Bailey said walking out the room. Derek went down and grabbed some pasta and water. He payed for it and went upstairs to Merediths room. Bailey was at the counter getting her chart. " Shepard did u get your food? " Bailey asked not even looking. " how- how did you know I was coming " he asked.

" I'm Bailey I know everything " she said turning back at him and leaving.

Derek went into Merediths room.
" Hey Mer! " he said sitting beside her with his food.
He was just sitting there silently, imagining what his life would have been like if Gary Clark never showed up here. He would have had a baby and his dream house would have finished.
Soon Derek dreamed of a typical afternoon.
" Hey Derek! " Meredith would say happily.

" Hi Mer, Where is Kyle? " Derek asked

" Kyle is sleeping, I took him to the playground before you came, Alex came over to play with him" Meredith said.

" oh ok, how are you Mer "

" I'm fine, but I'm better now that I'm home
and I was just about to take a shower . "

" well the baby is asleep, and I could use a shower too. " Derek said giggling.

" Well there is room for 2 in there" Meredith said holding her hand out, Derek gladly took it and the two happy couple took off into the shower.

Soon Derek felt a hand on his shoulder. " Wha-what " he said in his sleepy voice.
" Derek go home, I'll stay here with her tonight " a man said.
Derek looked up to see Alex.
" Karev? " he said standing up.
" Shepard he is right I'll drive you home " Mark said standing at the door.
Derek would usually disagree but he was so exhausted he just agreed.
Derek stood up, kissed Meredith on the forehead and grabbed his jacket and left.
Alex stood in the chair,
He turned on the T.V and started to watch some shows.
A few hours later Cristina came by, " Hey evil spawn " she said coming in and sitting beside him.
" what are you watching? " She said handing him a turkey sandwich.
" I have no idea " he said taking a bite of her sandwich.
Soon Alex and Cristina fell asleep. Owen was walking by, he saw Cristina, he took the blanket and put it over her shoulders and kissed her on her cheek and went home.
The next day Alex and Cristina woke up and nothing changed with Meredith. " I'm gonna get coffee you want some" Alex asked.
Cristina nodded and went to wash her face.

She came back from the washroom, and sat beside Meredith until Derek or Lexie came in. Cristina noticed that Meredith was turning a bit red and she was sweating a little. " Mer ? " Cristina said getting up from her seat. She put her backhand on her forehead " God Mer! your burning " She said when Derek came in, soon after Alex came in with 3 cups of coffee. " Derek feel Meredith's forehead " Cristina asked, " what?? " Alex asked "Derek just do it " Cristina snapped in a calm way.  Derek slowly got up from his chair and put his hand on his wife's forehead. " Its burning " He said feeling the other parts of her face. " Page Dr. Bailey and Lexie Grey. Tell them Meredith has a fever " Derek said with his arm resting on her head.

Lexie soon ran inside, " a-a fever? why does she have a fever " she asked looking at her sisters rosey cheeks. Soon after a while where all the doctors are in the room Bailey comes in.

" I will push in some drugs but you all are doctors, you know what to do " Bailey said putting a thermometer in her mouth and out " 100.7 "  Bailey said walking out the door

" So what do we just be doctors with her? " Lexie asked worried out of her mind.
Derek just nodded. Alex came back with a bowl of wet and cold towels on her face
" do you think she will ever wake up "Lexie asked.
Everyone stayed quiet
" I do think she will wake up, she will wake up and be fine " Derek said placing the wet towel on Merediths face. " She has to " Alex whispered to himself.
"Because she is our person " Cristina said to the three other doctors in the room.
Derek and Lexie switched turns staying with Meredith.
It was 4 in the afternoon and she still had a pretty high fever. Lexie was sitting beside her reading a magazine when Derek came through the door with a coffee for Lexie. " any change? " he asked
Lexie shook her head and took a sip of her coffee. " I need to go do my post-opts can you. " Lexie said sitting up. " oh yea go! I will stay " Derek said sitting down. He grabbed his wife's hand, Then out of no where Derek started to sob. He remembered when he pulled her out of the Elliot bay from the ferry boat accident. She was blue and freezing cold. They spent hours in there trying to get her back. Derek has been sitting in the same chair everyday for 2 months, Derek was tired of waiting he wanted to see his wife, Derek would give anything to turn back time and make sure that this never happened. " our life just began Mer " Derek said kissing her hand " I love you, I am who I am because of you, You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I ever had. I want to grow old with you, But I don't want to go like this, I need you to wake up so we can have our happy marriage like we always wanted." Derek said choking back a sob.
In the morning
Derek stayed with Meredith all night. Bailey came in and checked her temperature a few times. Mark came and slowly woke up Derek, " you staying here? " he asked with his car keys in his hand.
" what- oh I'm yea I'll come with u " he said. He grabbed his coat and kissed Meredith and left home. Merediths heart rate was still beeping in Dereks head.

A few days later

Callie was walking by after an Ortho consult to see that Merediths was alone. She saw that Meredith was all alone so she went to sit with her. She took out her phone and it read 10:12am she went through her social media when all of u sudden the monitor started beeping rapidly. Callie stood up and yelled in the hall " PAGE EVERYONE 911 "