18

The next day Meredith woke up to find Derek staring at him with his Mcdreamy eyes and smile.
She still hadn't fought intubation but her wounds are healing very nicely. " Hi There " he said kissing her hand. Meredith still looked confused. She took the whiteboard beside her and held the pen at Derek. Derek undid the cap and she started to scribble something. " Where am I " she assumed showing him.

Derek grabbed it and wrote " I.C.U room in Seattle Grace Mercy West, remember ?"
Meredith read it carefully and just looks at Derek. Callie walked in, Bailey was off that day so Callie said she would take over for her. " Hey Mer! " Callie said walking I. And checking her I.V drip. Meredith just stared at her as she wrote everything in the chart. Meredith looked back at Derek. She took her hand and placed it on hers. Derek saw and sighed. Callie saw what was happening but stayed silent. Meredith started rubbing mer stomach and grabbed the white board. " Baby? " she wrote and looked at Derek with sad eyes. Callie saw how sad these two were, " I'm going to leave you guys but don't forget that Mark is to take her up for a scan to see if she might get her hearing back in an hour " She said leaving the room. Callie's heart broke for them. The universe just can't get enough. Derek stared at Meredith, he took the whiteboard and wrote " I will explain everything later, try and get some rest " he said kissing her hand.

" Why won't this tube come out, why cant I hear anything except for myself? Why wont anyone tell me what was going on? Why does my head hurt? I want morphine but no one can understand me " Meredith said before drifting off into her dreams.
She woke up to Derek shaking her shoulder. " Mer it's time to go now " he said knowing she wouldn't know what he just said, but Mark said it was good to talk. Mark smiled and came and took her gurney. " don't be scared, everything will be ok " Meredith just stared at him and looked around.

Seeing Meredith like this hurt Mark. She was like a sister to him. They always took care of each other when something was happening. They put Meredith in and Mark and Derek sat in the scanning room. Lexie came running in " Hey is she in? " She said out of breath. Derek nodded and Lexie took a seat next to the computer. " Scans are up " Mark said leaning in forward.

" looks like a blow " He said pointing to her left ear. Right ear looks about 57% but it should come back, I have to go in surgically for remove that in the left one which should leave her to a 60% chance of getting her hearing back " Mark said
Derek sighed and rubbed his face. " So another surgery " Mark sighed and got up and went to the front desk. " can I schedule an O.R for Meredith Grey tomorrow at 10 in the morning " Mark asked the nurse and went back in the room to get Meredith. Meredith passed out from the pain in the scan. They carefully entered her back in the room. Lexie was still there silently sobbing. " Lex you ok " Derek asked his sister in law. Lexie shook her head, Derek pulled her in for a hug " she will be ok " he said repeatedly towards her.

Mark went in the attending lounge for some coffee. Callie, Teddy and Arizona were in there talking about random stuff. " Hey guys " Mark said.
" hey how did the scan go? " Callie asked. Mark sighed " She needs surgery on her left ear but there is a 50-70% chance she can get her full hearing back. " Mark said as was being pages somewhere else. The three girls sat there and gave each other worried looks.
" she will be fine " Callie said leaning her head on Arizona's shoulder.

The next day...
" Mark are you sure you can do this " Lexie asked worried. " Lex it's simple and it isn't a hard surgery, I will do my very best work " Mark said kissing her in between.
They went to work and did a post op check on Mer. " Hey Derek! " Mark said handing his a coffee.
" Why did this happen to us, Meredith was finally happy and then she gets married to me and the universe punishes her " Derek said holding her hand as she was sleeping. " Derek she is going to be ok, I won't let anything happen to her I promise" Mark said.

The residents came in the room, " today is the day? " Jacksom asked. Everyone nodded, " Avery do a standard post op and check for any infections from her incision, push in some heavy antibiotics so she can rest until the O.R your going to scrub in " Mark said handing the clipboard to Jackson. April sat ok the couch beside Alex. Cristina helped Jackson.
" I will check her chest you can check her head " Cristina said walking towards Meredith. Jackson pushed the syringe into her I.V Cristina slowly removed the bandage on her chest looking at a long pink line. " we are all good here " Cristina said replacing the bandage with a new one. Jackson took the bandage off her head, everyone's stomach curled up when they saw Meredith's bald head, a tear came from Dereks cheek. " She looks good " Jackson said closing her up as soon as possible before everyone breaks down. Jackson wrote her vitals in the chart. April looked at her watch " 9:30 am " it read
" We should get going, her surgery is soon " April said waiting at the door for Cristina, Alex and Jackson.

" Meredith's please come back to me with your hearing " Derek said putting her hand on his cheek. Mark came in " Why did you sedate her? " Derek asked. " Relaxing before surgery can make it more easier. She would have freaked out " Mark said adjusting his scrub cap. " you can go sit in the waiting room with Lexie and everyone else " Mark said walking away with Meredith.

Derek kept pacing back and forth, he knew that she was fine but he couldn't feel it " Shepard calm down " Owen said filling up a chart.

After 1 hour Mark and Jackson came in, " how is she " Derek asked with Lexie, Cristina and Alex behind him. " Surgery went fine but she should start recovering after some time " Mark said patting Derek on the shoulder. They entered Meredith's room and she had gaze wrapping her left ear. " Hey you did good Mer! " Derek said kissing her.
Meredith slowly woke up and blinked a few times. She squeezed Dereks hand and gave him the most beautiful look ever.

Hi guys sorry this chapter was really really boring but I would love to hear your suggestions in the comments!!! I will make the next one more fun