12

Derek watched as his own best friend wrapped his wife's head with a bandage. Derek got up and thanked Mark and followed his wife to the I.C.U meanwhile Cristina followed.
" hey you did good, you saved her " she said putting her arm on her shoulder. Derek nodded and walked in her room. He sat down and grabbed Meredith's hand. Cristina came and sat on the other side. " how long should it be before she wakes up " she asks.
" usually patients should wake up after 1-3 hours but with Mer's case I don't know " Derek said running his eyes.
" Derek you should get some sleep " She said.
Derek would reject because he wanted to be awake when Mer woke up. But he has 2 hours so he could take a nap. He slight out his head in Meredith's arm and slept. He woke up and Cristina was on the couch. He looked at his watch " 7:28?? It's been 4 hours?? " he said to himself. He looked at Meredith and she was still intubated and asleep. " why didn't she wake up? " he asked Cristina. She shrugged her shoulder. " oh my god, I broke her" he whispered to himself. Cristina looked at him " I did this to her! It was my fault " Derek said with tears spreading across his face. Cristina shook her head " no it was me, that bullet was supposed to come for me not her, I did this " she said blaming herself.
Cristina silently cried, Derek kissed her on her forehead.

Lexie was panicking. When Bailey came In, " Grey! Meredith is fine " she said walking towards her bed. " no she isn't, I heard her flatline. She is dead " Lexie said crying. " Yes she did code but we got her back. And she is safe and in the I.C.U. Lexie she is going to be fine " Bailey said. " C-Can I see her? " She asked with her glassy eyes. Bailey nodded and brought a wheelchair. Lexie gently sat on the chair.
Bailey was pushing Lexie towards the I.C.U, when Mark was walking by. " hey where are you going " he asked. " I'm going to see Meredith " she replied back as they took a turn into the I.C.U. Lexie went in Meredith's room and gasped.

Meredith's body was small. She was intubated and her lips were blue. Her whole head was covered in a bandage. She looked pale. Lexie could bring herself to think that, the small body on the bed was her own sister. Mark was confused. " Derek? Why hasn't she woken up it's been hours " he asked.
" average patients should wake up within 1-3 hours. But Meredith isn't average. "
He said.
Bailey looked at her intern, from the bomb accident she knew that she was going to have  lots of downs in her life. But she didn't think that she might end up in a coma.
Bailey left the room after she got paged by Hunt to the E.R
Mark looked into Dereks eyes then into Lexies and saw nothing. Then he thought " what if Meredith never wakes up, what if she is in a actual coma for the rest of her life, it would break Derek and Lexie. " he kissed Lexie and went to get everyone some coffee. He couldn't imagine Meredith dying. She had a special connection with everyone in this hospital including the chief.
Derek wanted to see her emerald eyes, he needed to see life in her.

Mark got coffee and walked towards Callies room to give her an update. " hey here! " he said handing her a coffee. " Callie gladly took the coffee and asked about everything.
" Meredith is most likely going to end up in a coma, she hasn't woken up since they got that bullet out of her chest. And lexie has been a train break" Mark started rambling on but Callie stopped him, " Wa-wait! Meredith is in a coma? " she asked. Mark just looked down and sighed and nodded sadly.

Alex came running in, to still see Meredith asleep. " she is still asleep ? " he asked,
" yea no change since the last time you were here " Cristina said playing with her fingers. Derek looked confused. " last time? " he asked.
Alex looked at Cristina, " yea I came in and Richard was here then Kepner and Avery came in too. " he said.
Derek looked down and then at Meredith, " Mer please wake up, I know your tired
but please do it for me " he whispered in her ear.