0.8

Luke Hemmings.Sitting right across from her in her sacred place. Part of Indie was annoyed that he had decided to cut his lunch short just to trek up the stairwell to disrupt her in her sancutary. The other half (as much as she wanted to submerge it) found it endearing that he had such an interest in her that he would do a thing. But despite the sections of her heart that were annoyed or smitten, the overwhelming sliver of her heart was petrified by his actions. 

Indie wasn't used to people paying attention to her. She preferred to stay out of the public eye. As far as Indie was concerned, anyone who did notice her would more than likely criticize her of her weight or her looks. It was just easier to walk around being unoticed by the school population. People didn't bother her.But then Luke Hemmings came along. And unlike most guys that weren't Ashton or Calum, he didn't ignore her. He was well aware of her existence and didn't try to block out her. He expressed annoyance but instead expressed extreme interest.He paid attention and tried to make conversations with her. 

Indie nervously glanced around  the library.She looked up to see Luke still sitting there right across from her. She glanced down at her book and then back at the blonde boy right in front of her.It was so hard for her to not lose herself staring into those mesmerizing blue orbs.

"You need to get up and leave." 

Her voice came out as a whisper,cautious to make sure nobody heard her.None of the popular kids were usually around the library at this time,but Indie didn't want to take any chances.

"Why?" Luke asked her,"Do you not want me sitting with you?"

"It's not that, it's–"

Indie paused to scan the library again.She bit her bottom lip,she was already beginning to feel nervous.She didn't get why he was talking to her. Her out of all people.There were tons of teenagers at their school,tons of girls.Pretty ones at that.Ones that had lean bodies with silky hair and perfect skin.Girls that actually looked like they belonged with their friends and not like some tacky scarf that ruined the whole outfit. 

Indie was none of those things.With her thunder thighs and rolls of fat,she was lucky she could get friends at all period.Because who wanted to be friends with the weird fat girl that's always reading? It's basically social suicide.

"Just trust me okay. Regular guys like you shouldn't be sitting with me."

"Well if it helps,I don't consider myself a regular guy." Luke answered,"Besides I want to sit here with you."

"Why?"

"Because I like you,Indie.I like you a lot."

Indie's eyes widened and her heart knocked against her chest. Her mouth became dry and her tongue lodged in her throat. She felt like all of the vocabulary in her brain had been evaporated. Luke's eyes were steady on hers and she swore she could hear the ticking of a timer leading to her combustion. Classic case of fight or flight. 

"You don't mean that." she rubbed the sweat off of her palms onto her jeans

"But I do." he countered, playing with his lip ring

Indie honestly couldn't believe this was a conversation she was having with a boy. She was completely inexperienced. She swallowed, trying to maintain a steady heartbeat. She placed her hands in her lap and rambled through her brain for a response. One that would finally make him get the picture and leave her alone. 

Just say something. the voice in her head hissed. Do it, before someone sees. 

"No." The best way a person could tell when you were lying was when you didn't maintain eye contact. She looked into his eyes. They were as blue as the sky on a summer day,"You don't. And even if you did, it doesn't matter."