1.1

"I'm sorry that you feel that way.I'm sorry that you feel like you can't open up to anyone."

Indie inaudibly groaned at how problematic it was for Luke's words to slip from her memory. Despite the indifferent poker face she had given him in response, Indie's stomach had not stopped doing constant somersaults.

To tell the truth, Indie was agitated with Luke. His perpetual attempts to make conversation with her and his pretending of any real concern for her well being had left her utterly enervated. Good hearted people like that didn't just come into Indie's life anymore and she refused to accredit that Luke was any different. There had been a time when Indie was first to give people the benefit of the doubt, but she wasn't that girl anymore.

But even so, what enraged Indie the most was that she wanted to believe this blonde haired boy with the lip ring. That there was still a fraction of her damaged heart and soul that was desperately willing to believe that it was still possible for people, even a boy out of her league like Luke Hemmings, to care about her.

Indie was so busy trying to deal with the mental hurricane inside her own head that when she felt someone grab the back of her backpack, she completely panicked. If it wasn't for the fact that she was spun around to face the mysterious person, she would have screamed.

"You almost walked right into that girl." Sami noted, her hands placed on Indie's shoulders

"Oh." Indie breathed out, her eyes still wide.She couldn't believe she wasn't even paying attention to where she was walking. She shivered thinking of the repercussions that would have probably happened had she actually bumped into another teenager.

"Yeah." Sami looked at the taller girl she had forgot something and was trying to remember. Indie couldn't help but squirm under her best friend's gaze.

Indie bit her bottom lip, eyes examining the crowds of teenagers in the hallway. She wished she had the ability to just walk through the lockers and disappear.

One of Sami's eyebrows raised in suspicion. "You seem frazzled." she observed,"Did something happen?"

Because of course Sami would notice the anxiety radiating off Indie in waves. And now that she had noticed, it she wasn't going to let go. The blonde would zero in it and find any way possible to pry the details out of the caramel skinned girl.

"No." Indie shook her head,"Nothing's wrong."

"Yeah? Because I feel like-"

"Rachel! Monica!" a male voice called out

The two girls turned their heads to see Calum and Ashton walked in step towards them. Indie heard her best friend mutter an oh brother before they stopped right in from of them.

"What is it Joey and Phoebe?" Sami asked, leaning back against one of the rusty lockers

"Don't you mean Chandler and Joey?" Calum asked, perplexed

"Nope." Sami smirked

Calum grimaced, causing Sami's smirk to widen. This caused Indie and Ashton to both roll their eyes.

"Moving on to what's really important," Ashton started,"Who's up for Dairy Queen after school?"

"Please say yes, because I am starving." Calum interjected before any of the girls could answer

"Sure." Sami shrugged

"No." Indie replied

"Okay then it's- " Ashton paused, soaking in Indie's actual answer,"Wait, no?"

Indie gulped when the eyes of Ashton, Calum, and Sami all looked at her at once. Distressed, Indie fiddled with the straps on her backpack.

"I can't." she mumbled