0.4

Indie placed her backpack in a kitchen chair and placed her keys on the table.She walked over to the kitchen fridge and pulled out a Lipton Ice Tea.Closing the fridge, she began upstairs to her bedroom. She stretched before kicking off her converse. Pulling her hair into a ponytail, Indie took a couple swigs of her tea.

"Wren." Indie called, as she exited her room

Wren barked in response immediately and Indie heard her paws against the wooden floor. The dog met Indie at the steps. Indie leaned down and scratched the golden retriever's head.

"Hey girl." Indie cooed,"Did you miss me?"

The dog didn't answer, just stood there wagging its tail to the comforting sensation of Indie scratching her head. 

"Come on," Indie began down the steps again,"Let's go get the mail."

Indie grabbed the keys from the living room and stepped outside, with Wren at her heels. Indie's socked feet padded across the sidewalk to her mailbox. She opened the door, scanning to see if the mailman had brought them anything today.Grabbing the mail, Indie turned to see one of her neighbors with a group of her friends. The group of girls all appeared to be enjoying their current conversation, laughing as they walked to one of the girl's car. Indie felt waves of envy wash over her body. She watched as they all got into one of the girl's car and drove away.

You could be doing stuff like that with your friends. the voice in her head whispered to her. You know if you looked a little more like that.

Indie swallowed, tucking the mail under her arm. She called Wren's name and walked into the house. She put the mail on a table in the living room along with the keys. After fixing Wren a bowl of dog food, Indie retreated back upstairs. It was then that it dawned on her just how empty her house was.

She was all alone. And while most times she would rejoice at the opportunity to have the house to herself (having a little sister could do that to you), this time it was releasing the opposite effect.The emptiness wasn't what she wanted anymore.

Too bad there isn't anyone that really wants to hang out with you. the cruel voice inside her head taunted

Indie sat down on her carpeted floor. She pulled her knees up to her chest and propped her head against her bed. Memories from this morning began to play over in her mind like film credits.It might had happened a couple hours ago, but Indie could hear their insults like it was happening all over again.

Her hips are as wide as the Pacific Ocean....

Indie felt her eyes began to water as if someone had thrown salt in them. Biting her bottom lip,she felt her throat begin to feel heavy as she struggled to keep from crying. She stopped resisting,  warm tears rolling down her cheek.

She wished she had a mother to talk this out with. Or a father that would at least try to understand where she was coming from. But for some reason, Indie had neither one. Indie didn't want someone to solve her issues for her.She wanted someone to listen as she explained what her issues were.To try to understand them. To try and understand her

Yeah, because someone actually cares that much about you, her subconscious pointed out

Indie sniffled as Wren ran in her room and immediately nestled by her side. Indie gave a watery smile, placing her head on top of Wren's. The dog nuzzled Indie's shoulder. 

"You'll always be there for me,right?" Indie said aloud,picking her head up

Wren barked and stopped nuzzling, settling for licking her face. Indie leaned back but the smile was still on her face. Wren had that effect on people.