0.7

Luke leaned his head against the car window. He hadn't got as much sleep as he would have preferred last night. No, he wasn't thinking about Indie, he just hadn't been able to fall asleep.     

"Wanna do something after school today?" 

Luke picked his head up from the window and looked at the dark haired boy driving.

"Like what, exactly?"

"I don't know." Calum admitted,"Just something.We could hang out at Ashton's for a while. I'm sure he'd like some company that isn't his cousin or her best friend."

Luke felt his heart thump weirdly at the mention of Indie. He thought back to what she had told him yesterday. 

"Or we could just invite Indie and Sami along." Luke suggested

"That works too." Calum replied, parking in the school parking lot

Luke opened the passenger door to see Ashton's car right next to Calum, him exiting the car as well. 

"Luke, hey." Ashton greeted with a smile

"Hey Ash."

"Telling me Calum actually woke up in time to get you guys to school on time." he teased,"That's a first. You must be a good influence." 

"Aha. Very funny." Calum said, swinging his backpack over one shoulder,"You should be a comedian."

"Don't act like you wouldn't be my number one fan."

Sami let out a groan before Calum could even open his mouth in response. She was looking at Calum and Ashton like they were clowns at a birthday party and she wasn't impressed by their tricks. 

"Someone isn't in a good mood." Calum noted as Sami began walking towards the school entrance

"We can't all be morning people." 

Calum said something back but Luke wasn't paying attention, his mind was wandering for else where. He then realized he was looking for something. Or someone rather.

"Where's Indie?" Luke asked, 

Ashton looked at his cousin whose expression Luke couldn't completely decode, but he knew he didn't like it.

"She said her aunt was gonna bring her. Something about having something important to do." Ashton answered

Normally, Luke would have accepted this and let it go, but for some reason, Ashton's answer left him feeling uncertain. And from the look on Sami's face, he knew he wasn't the only one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indie hadn't even took two steps out of her first period before she saw her best friend standing right outside the doorway. Considering, Indie had declined Sami's offer to ride to school with her and Ashton this morning, she wasn't surprised.

"Switching things up, aren't we?" Indie asked, beginning the walk to their next class

"I don't know. I had to make sure you weren't gonna try to avoid me." 

Indie winced at that. The last thing she wanted was her best friend thinking she was trying to avoid her. 

"I'm not avoiding you." Indie told her truthfully

"Oh really?" Sami asked, quirking an eyebrow,"Because that isn't how it feels."

Indie gulped, casting her eyes toward the ground. She was never good in these situations. She never knew what to say.