0.5

Because honestly, when has the ugly step sister ever got the prince?

It was like Lyla had took a swing at Indie's skull with a hammer. And now Indie would struggle to glue the pieces back together the best she could so that she could carry on with the rest of the day.She wanted to throw up. Maybe if she did, the vomit would absorb all the pain she felt in her body. 

Indie should have been used to Lyla's taunts. Indie should have been used to a lot of things. Yet everytime something like this happened, the pain felt fresh and new. 

Indie should have stood up for herself. She should have told Lyla off, saying that she was beautful. That there was a chance for a guy like Luke to be like her.

 But she couldn't do that. She couldn't walk up to Lyla and tell her that everything was a lie. Because it wasn't. She was the ugly step sister. Luke was out of her league.He deserved way better than her. 

After cleaning her face, she walked out of the stall to the sinks. She washed her hands, balling up the paper towel afterwards and threw it in the bin. Indie took shallow breaths as she walked to the bathroom exit. Opening the door she didn't expect to see Sophia standing there. She had been planning on entering just as Indie had been planning on exiting.

The two girls simply stood there for a moment. Indie shifted her gaze first, looking down at the dirty tile floors.She looked up to see Sophia still standing there, still looking at her.

It was silent for a few more seconds of silence before Sophia opened her mouth to speak at the same time Indie said,

"I should go, excuse me." 

Sophia closed her mouth and took a step back. Indie shifted her gaze again, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She allowed herself to leave the bathroom and walk down the hall back to the office.She wondered if Sophia could tell that she had been crying? If Sophia was wondering what was wrong. But mostly, she wondered if Sophia even cared at all.

~~~~~~ 

Luke didn't know if he was happy because he had got Indie to talk to him or if he was excited because maybe he could get her to talk in English and lunch today. He just felt  that he had a reason to smile.

He was quite relieved actually. Part of him worried that Indie wasn't so much as having a bad day yesterday she just didn't want to talk to him. Perhaps, she found him annoying or she had a thing against new kids. She genuinely didn't seem like that type of person, but it was a new school, and you never knew with people.

He honestly couldn't have predicted a better moment to see her again then in the office. Sure, that hadn't been what he was expecting and he didn't really like his asthma being a conversation opener. But it had worked. She had talked to him. And while their conversation was ended way too short for Luke's comfort, he had feelings that she would talk to him again.

Luke felt something hit him in the back of his head. Luke immediately turned around to face Calum, who was sitting in an entirely different row, a few seats back. Luke gave him a what-the-fudge face and gesture which Calum simply replied to by pointing at the ground. Luke's eyes glanced down on the floor to see a balled up piece of paper. Obviously the one that Calum had use to hit him with.

Luke rolled his eyes and picked the paper up. Checking to make sure the teacher wasn't paying attention, he unwrinkled the paper as quietly as he could.

Stop making that face, I know Twyla is hot and all, but dude, save that for the locker room.-C

Different expressions came across Luke's face.One, because Luke didn't even know who Twyla was. Two,  because he honestly didn't wanna know what Calum meant by telling him to  'save it for the locker room'. Three, because he had an idea on what Calum meant, but that just weirded him out and made him seriously hesistant to go to the locker room while Calum was in there.