0.3

"Aren't you glad you hung out with us at lunch?" 

No. In fact, I hate that I even let you convince me to eat lunch with you instead of reading the amazingness that is Sarah Dessen.

That's what Indie wanted to say.But instead,she narrowed her eyes and walked a couple steps ahead leaving Sami behind.

"Okaaaay." Sami said,walking faster to keep up,"I'm taking that as a no."

Lunch was unbearable to say the least.Well it was for her.She spent most of it eating her food in silence as Ashton asked him questions about his old school and his interests.It was without a doubt,one of the longest lunches in Indie's high school life.Not to mention,she had to fight the urge not to stare at Luke the whole time.

Not that he didn't stare at her.Because he did. It felt like everytime Indie looked up,Luke would be looking at her as if she was some hieroglyphic that he was trying to decipher. While some girls might have been flattered (and deep down she secretly was) it made her nervous and want to disappear.

"Well if you want me to apologize for not allowing you to isolate yourself in the library,it's not happening." Sami crossed her arms over her chest

Indie gave Sami a glare and began to walk ahead of her again. Sami let out a sigh,letting her arms fall down to her side.

"Meet you outside after school?" Sami called after Indie

Indie didn't submit an answer. She simply kept walking down the hall to her next class.She knew she didn't have to answer. Sami and Ashton would be waiting for her regardless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indie walked into her English class to see that not that many people had sat down in their row yet.Good.It meant Indie wouldn't have to turn sideways to make sure her hips didn't bump into someone or knock someone's stuff down.She could walk down the hall like a normal person.Or whatever she was.

Indie took her seat at the back of the classroom and instantly pulled out her book.She pulled the ponytail holder off of her ponytail,causing her long,curly locks to fall down her shoulders and in her face.Indie's hair covered her face as she began reading.

The bell rang which meant the beginning of class,but Indie didn't put her book away.She simply prepared to listen to whatever the teacher had to say and read at the same time.

"Ah,it seems we have a new student."

Please don't let it be...

Indie reluctantly looked up.And to her dismay, standing right next to the English teacher, was the same boy she had just spent the whole lunch trying to keep from talking to. Luke rocked back on forth on the balls of his feet as the teacher looked over his schedule.

Indie literally wanted to throw punch a lip. Were the forces of Ellen working against her? Was this her punishment for staying up late to watch The Fault In Our Stars and eat ice cream instead of studying for her Biology quiz? 

"Class,this is Luke Hemmings. I expect you all to be extremely welcoming to him,being it's his first day." the teacher said to the class

Indie glanced around at the girls in the classroom.Most of them,if not all,had their eyes on Luke. Even the ones that supposedly had boyfriends,(like Lyla perfect example) were still eyeing him like he was the hottest thing to ever set foot in their school.Something told Indie,that they would have no problem making him feel welcome.

Indie returned her attention to her book when the teacher once again spoke to Luke out loud.

"So Luke,let's see where you can sit."