chapter twenty five.

Perhaps this was all that she wanted.

Maybe she wanted this. The fight would be over, wouldn't it? The pain would stop. Her fans would move on. They'd forget about her as quickly as her voice had floated into their lives that first time. It might be hard at first, but they really would be okay. No more tours. No more albums. No more secret sessions. Or concerts. Or cat photos on Instagram. The thought of it was overwhelming. Maybe she didn't want that. Her fans were the only thing that kept her going, and that would be how she was going to repay them. And what about Joe?
The wind was cold on her cheeks, it stung her eyes. His grip on her waist was strong. It felt as if he may actually be leaving an imprint on her skin.
She thought of Joe. Of how much she loved him. Of the future she wanted for them. Of how much he loved her. To him, she was enough. And he'd somehow made her manage to feel, even to herself, that she was at least a little bit enough too.

She didn't want to die. She didn't want to leave it all behind. She didn't want this. She twisted out of the way, and his grip loosened enough for her to spin right out of the way, and she ran, quite literally, for her life. She thought about all the time she spent on the fucking pink chair, hoping to die. But now, she knew without a shadow of a doubt, that was not what she wanted. She did not want to die, did not want to leave her life. It had just gotten good again. She didn't want to leave Joe. screamed loudly. Her security, she knew they were close. She headed down the stairs, where she could see them checking each room. Her heart was pounding and she couldn't see straight anymore.
"What's wrong?" A hand found her back as they pulled her into a room.
"Adam's here - he... he tried to kill me. You have to get him out... please get him out." She heard him yelling.
The security guard walked her over to her. "Sit down by the window, Miss Swift. I will lock these doors, okay?" He pointed to the doors connecting to this room and went over to lock them. "He won't be able to get in. I will come back when he is gone, and then we'll see what we do from there."
Taylor nodded. She brought her knees up to her chest. She couldn't believe what had just happened. She'd almost died. He'd almost killed her. She pulled a blanket around her. She was trembling. His voice was so loud, that it ricocheted off of all the walls, and she couldn't shut it out. She wanted Joe. She wanted him so badly that the thought of him made her sob. She brought her knees to her chest. How had this happened? What was she going to do? Have security in the same room with her for the rest of her life? No.

Eventually, his voice ceased, and the house was silent again. As if it had never happened.
She heard the door unlock and flinched.
"He's gone, Miss Swift."
She just nodded.
"What would you like us to do? I think that we should phone Mr Alwyn to let him know what's happened-"
"No! No, I don't want him to know. He doesn't need to know right now. I'll tell him when he gets back. I need some time to think about this."
"Of course... while you are deciding what do to, we will board up the window that was smashed, and we'll wait directly outside. He got over the fence," he told her. "We're currently drafting up ways that can be fixed." If Adam got in - anyone could. She felt her feeling of safety slip down the drain.
"Thank you," Taylor said. She had to pull herself together enough to look capable of making decisions.
"Are you sure you don't want us to call anyone? Joe-"
"No, don't call him." She didn't want to ruin his day. His audition. "He doesn't need to know right now. I'm fine." Even though it was all she wanted, even though she felt like she might actually fall completely and utterly apart, and never be able to glue all her scattered pieces together. She really wasn't going to do that to him. She'd just have to look after herself this time. She knew he'd be crushed when he found out, especially when he'd specifically told her to call him if there were any problems, but she just couldn't do that to him. His audition wouldn't have even started yet. She wouldn't let herself ruin it.

1 (jaylor) wisteria hearts and caged folk songsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara