chapter twenty six.

Taylor's phone was sitting on the table beside her, charging. Joe couldn't take his eyes off it. He knew that it would be wrong to go through it - to find Adam's number. He was so fucking mad. He wanted to kill him. He'd come into Taylor's own home, done unspeakable things to her and he couldn't let him get away with that. Taylor had fallen asleep in his arms, but he couldn't seem to find sleep. He was furious. He knew he had to do something, but he didn't know what. He wanted nothing more than to fucking kill him. 

He couldn't bring his eyes away from her phone. She'd said he had called her before he came in. That means that his number would still be saved on her phone. That means that if he could get into it, he'd be able to get his number and find him. He'd fucking kill him. He couldn't let him taunt her like this anymore, Taylor couldn't be living in fear of him for the rest of her life. He wondered what her password might be.
1989? Too easy.
0013? Still too easy.
He wondered if he'd be able to unlock it using Face ID. She was asleep, meaning that she'd never know. She'd never know that he used her Face ID to get into her phone.
If he could do this, she wouldn't have to worry anymore. He couldn't actually kill him - unfortunately. But perhaps he could scare him away. Perhaps he could stop him from even trying to come close. Perhaps he could threaten him - perhaps he could make him realise that he should never come close to her ever again.

He quickly got out of bed, reaching for her phone. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this. But he was only there to look for Adam's number. When he found it, he took a photo of it with his own phone. He then left the room and walked to a room on the opposite end of the house. He couldn't let Taylor know that he was doing this. He'd have to keep it a secret. She'd not let him do it, she'd want to keep everything calm. But Adam didn't deserve calm anymore. He deserved to feel all of Joe's roaring rage.
He dialled the number. It was four o'clock in the morning, but he didn't fucking care. Adam had come in here and hurt Taylor. He didn't care about anything other than the fact that he wouldn't let that happen again.
"What the fuck do you want?" A voice answered the phone. Simply hearing his voice made Joe burn.
"How dare you?" Joe spat into the phone. "How dare you fucking come into this house and do that to her." He was so fucking angry.
"Fuck you, schoolboy," Adam yelled. "Fuck you and your fucking stupid blond hair. Taylor loves me. She wants to be with me. She told me so yesterday as I fucked-"
"Shut the fuck up." Joe hissed. "You know that the only thing she was telling you was to stop. How dare you break into her fucking house and hurt her like that? You raped her in her own home - I can't fucking believe you, you piece of shit." Joe was so mad. If Adam was here right now - he'd be unconscious on the floor because Joe had knocked him out. "I'm going to fucking kill you, you fucking-"
"Really? I'll fucking kill you first. You were the one who twisted her. She was in love with me until she met you." Adam was just as mad as he was. He fucking hated it because Adam had no right to be mad.
"I'm going to fucking..." Joe heard movement coming from down the hallway. "Where are you?"
"Home. Why, do you want to come and give me my girlfriend back?"
"No, I want to come and fucking beat you up." Joe snapped.
"Why, what a great idea. You know what, that's given me a terrific idea, school boy. If I win, I get her back." Joe slammed a hand down on the table.
"That's bullshit." Joe felt fire in his veins.
"Why? You feel like fighting me, then come get me, schoolboy." He was just waiting for it. Adam wanted Joe to get mad enough that he would go. "And if I fucking mess with you more than you could hit me, then you have to fucking leave her in New York with me."
"No. Taylor stays out of this. She's not coming. She's not being involved in this - at all." Joe told him firmly. "You keep her out of your life. If I win, you have to fucking leave her alone. Don't go after her. Don't contact her. Don't ever talk to her again. Don't post photos of her. You have to fucking accept that she's gone and she isn't coming back."
Joe was not bringing Taylor into this and he wouldn't let her go back to him. There was no way he could lose this fight. It was a good thing he'd been practicing in the Gym.
"And if you lose?"
"Then I'll leave her." There was no way in hell that was happening. He was not going to lose this fight.
"I'll leave her." He repeated. "Hm, deal."