Chapter 6: The First Event

The watch rings. April groans, lifting one of her hands up to the watch to shut it off, still sleepy. As she shut it off, she turns her body from a side position to looking up to the ceiling, with tired eyes. She slowly sits up, rubbing the back of her head lazily, groaning and moaning about. 

"I wished at least for a good night.", she growls starting to get up from her bed slowly and putting on her clothes, "What did I do to get nightmares and get agitated until the last two hours?...."

She looks at herself in the mirror.

"Oh well.... with that zombie face, at least I get a scary face....", she chuckles biased, rubbing her face with her hands, sighing. 

And then someone is shouting on the megaphone, outside.

"Good morning scarers! For those who want some chills and some terror, don't forget that tonight, the first round of the Scare Games have place in the Sewer Drain System on Campus! So be ready for this evening, because you are going to get some scare!", it's the Vice-president of the Greek council.

"And beware of this event, because this first one won't be easy.", the Greek council president adds next to him.

April, as she heard those voices, has looked down to her window to see them both walking around the court of the academy.

"Oh well.... I guess I'll have to eat dinner there. I really wonder how it will go for Randall and Mike.", she says, starting to pack her affairs for her lessons of the day and get ready.

As she did so, she rubs her eyes off tiredness and walks out of her dorm.

-

April has bought herself a burnt sausage hot dog with oil and garlic and a wasabi soda. With all of it, she marches to the Sewer Drain System and joins the public up to the up floor seats. Down there in the middle is the stage where the fraternities and sororities have to gather around. All there is need to do is to wait for all of them to come here. And as some of them has started to come over, the public starts cheering and getting excited. Most cheers went to the RORs, who came in as one of the first fraternities. April rolls her eyes, starting to eat her food and ignore these guys, except to Randall, whom she still wishes good luck. And then come in the Oozma Kappa. As every fraternities and sororities are gathered in the middle, the greek council president and vice-president, who are standing since the beginning on a stage in the middle against a wall, are introducing the first event.

"Welcome to your worst nightmare, THE SCARE GAMES!", the Vice-president exclaims, hearing all the excitement from the public and sharing this same feeling, "Yeees, yes, I love it! I love this energy! Okay, okay everybody!"

Mike glances up, noticing Hardscrabble peering in from on high.

"Let's hear it for the frats and sororities competing in this year's games! Jaws Theta Chi!", the president announces the teams to the crowd.

The JOX team, a collection of big, wide-shouldered jocks. Big Red, their leader, takes a board and breaks it over his head.

"Python Nu Kappa!"

The PNK team, a group of pretty and seemingly friendly female monsters.

"Slugma Slugma Kappa!", the vice-president continues the announcements.

The EEK Team, a collection of athletic female monsters. They cheer in a huddle.

"Roar Omega Roar!"

The ROR team, the top scarers, wealthy, privileged, with the largest fan base.

"Eta Hiss Hiss!", the president continues.