Chapter 11: Break in

The can fills to the top! Oozma Kappa's point tally beats the ROR house! Everyone goes wild. April jumps from her seat, left thunderstruck and shouting out a victory yell, not even caring if anyone hears her out or looks at her deadpanned. She can see from a side that Hardscrabble was watching, stunned.

"They did it! YEAHHHHHHH!!", the president of the Greek council could be heard shouting.

As April turns around to the sound of her loud voice, the president grabs the VP and pushes him over as she cheers wildly. Which makes her laugh, full of joy for the Oozmas. The crowd rushes the stadium, flying by the stunned ROR brothers. Johnny had his jaw dropped at the sight of the scores. Mike steps from the simulator, stunned as he realizes what has happened. The Oozma Kappas run to Mike, hoisting him on to their shoulders. The Oozma Kappas are celebrating, hugging each other. The brothers of Oozma Kappa then shake hands with fans and finish soaking up the moment. April runs wildly to them, pushing through the crowd and immediately grabbing Mike up and lifting him up in a hug, to his big surprise.

"Come here you! You made me so proud! I knew you could make it! All of you!", she shouted, small tears in her eyes.

Mike laughs at her reaction as she put him down, looking at the other Oozmas.

"We saw everything. You were terrifying!", she adds.

"Oh shush, you're going to embarrass us.", Terri starts.

"No, no, continue I like it.", Terry smirks.

April burst of laugh, hugging each one of the members of the team tightly, as the crowd still cheers and chants around them.

-

"It was so awesome, mom! If that was possible I would have brought you, dad and Andy to see the games with me! Oh my god....", April says still excited on a telephone of the dorms, having called her parents to tell these news.

"Oh, well I'm sure it must have been such fun. I'm happy that you enjoyed it.", the mother tells through the telephone call.

"Dean Hardscrabble just excluded two of them from the scaring program a few months ago. That was sick. And now they just have put her back into place. Amazing.", April tells.

"Aw, don't be rude with your director, April, please. I'm sure it was just a mistake of hers."

"No, I don't mean to be rude, but yet she was so confident of being right. And still, she has taken off the dream out of one of them. That's still rude. But anyway, I'm so happy for them all."

"You got the right to be, dear. Say them hello for me when you see them again, sweetie. I got to go now. I'm baking something right now and I need to control the oven right now."

"Aw, you baking something and I can't taste it?"

"Haha, don't worry April. We will reserve you a few pieces of it for when you come back home in the weekends, alright?"

"Okie. Good night, mom."

"Good night, little snake."

The telephone hangs up. The call is finished. April decides to take a walk around the campus, even though it is pretty late in the evening, just to take out some fresh air. She smiles at herself, content and serene about Mike and Sulley. Finally they are back in the program, happily. They can now achieve what they came here for. Sulley has become less over proud of himself and now dedicated to learning, while Mike has finally proven that he can be a true scarer after all.... but something is a bit strange about April. She sure feels happy for Sullivan and Wazowski.... but they have progressed on something and she feels as if she hasn't yet so far. Even if she became less afraid of people and lightly more open, she feels as if she was stuck on something. And it wasn't just about her interactions towards the RORs, Johnny, the Dean, her brother's sepsis.... She just can't figure out what yet. But she knows there is something that keeps her stuck. April thinks deeply about it, frowning down at herself, as she tries to know what bothers her or what it is that gives her the feeling that she hasn't really changed as much positively like Mike or Sulley.