Chapter 13: Hard Goodbyes

April wakes up in the morning, with her clock ringing. She groans and shuts it down. Right now, as sleepy she still is, doesn't remember what happened yesterday and tries to figure out. She gets up from her bed, slowly, groaning still from the sleep mode she is still in. She rubs the back of her neck with one hand. She walks to the bathroom of her dorm and looks at herself in the mirror. She sighs. Her hair are pretty much messy and her eyes could almost drop any minute. It's as if they were weak. While she brushes her hair and washes her face with water, she thinks over what happened yesterday. She slowly begins to remember; her studies, the final event, Randall out of the ROR, the cheat of Sullivan revealed, Mike trapped inside the human world (and at this she gasps for almost forgetting it), her last confrontation with Randall, Johnny's comforting.... and she fell asleep? She frowns at her reflection on the mirror before starting to look at her body. She notices she was still dressed up from yesterday. And then she pats on her trouser pockets. They are both empty. In panic she looks around her room only to find her keys on her drawer.

"Did he just bring me back to my dorm?", she asks to herself, "Wow...."

She takes back her keys and puts them inside one of her pockets cautiously. Calm now, she walks to the window of her room and opens it to let fresh air come in. She looks at the view of the campus, relaxing as she senses the sun light on her and illuminating the place. Everything was calm in here. There isn't many students around yet. It is probably to early for most or they are getting prepared. And that's how she notices two monsters who she recognizes. She frowns, trying to see who they are. And then it hit her. It was Mike Wazowski and Jimmy Sullivan. They seem to be okay. They are out of the testing door. Finally. With small tears forming in her eyes, she gasps, a happy smile now forming on her face and she immediately storms out of her dorm. She quickly gets out of the whole building, running towards the two monsters who came out alive. 

"Mike! Sulley! You are ok!", she calls out, overjoyed by seeing them.

Both of Mike and Sulley turn around caught by surprise by the calling. Before they could say anything, April hugs them tightly, few tears in her eyes.

"You both came back, I'm so happy! I was so worried!", she exclaims, smiling brightly.

Mike and Sulley chuckle.

"Hey, April.", Mike says.

"Hi there, rascal.", Sulley says, "Missed us?"

They both hug back, happy to see her, even though it might be the last time they will see each other again. April later lets go and looks up to both of the monsters.

"You don't know how much I was scared for you. I think you managed to scare a monster without even acting like a scarer.", she giggles, wiping her tears of her eyes.

"Oh, well, at least I know what and how I could scare someone.", Mike chuckles, sadly.

"But how did you get out?", April continues asking.

"Well it wasn't easy. But we sort of blew out the door by charging the scare can of adult screams.", Sulley laughs proudly.

April looks at Mike, concerned.

"You okay, Mike?", she asks.

Mike shakes off his head.

"It's nothing, really. I just....", he starts, not knowing how to say it.

"We've sort of been excluded from Monsters University.", Sulley answers for him, a hand on the back of his furry neck.

April gasps.

"For real?!"

"Yeah.... we kind of made a whole scandal with Mike's break in and our break out.... And also because of my cheat.", Sulley mumbles the last sentence, a bit ashamed.