Chapter 26: Johnny Worthington II

*click*

April and Johnny grimace as they sensed thick flash of light very near their faces. They probably would have gone blind if they had their eyes open. April stuffs her face on the pillow, turning away from the source of the light and seriously not wishing to get bothered by it. Johnny instead wakes up and opens his eyes, an arm up from his eyes to cover, only to discover that Chet was holding a camera and was squeaking.

"Oh my god! I never thought I would have seen this in my entire life! And here I thought I would never have seen our leader with some gal.", Chet shouts out.

"Chet.... this is the first and the last time you do this and see us this way. And if what you just did is taking a picture of us, delete it.", Johnny groans, sleepy.

"Aw come on. This is too cute to delete. I'll show this to the others."

"Dare to do this, I swear, when I'm up, the next upcoming moment won't be cute and I'll be the one taking a picture of it with fun.", he growls, embarrassed now.

Chet gulps and leaves tiptoeing.

"Ok. But I keep the picture.", he rushes away with the camera.

Johnny lets out a groan, shaking his head and a hand on his forehead. He looks over to April, whose face is stuffed on the pillow, and chuckles. He shakes her up softly to make her wake up.

"Hey there sleeping beauty. It's already morning. You might want to wake up.", he half whispers.

"April's not here. She's in lalaland.", April mumbles, her voice muffled by the pillow, but hard enough for Johnny to hear it.

He looks towards his clock and grits his teeth at the time he sees.

"Okay, then tell her that we might have overslept and that you are going into trouble if you are getting late for your scare lessons.", he says.

Two seconds later, after time seemed to have frozen for April, she jumps sit on her bed, almost having hit Johnny with one of her horns in the process.

"Holly molted cheese! The lessons!", she exclaims, looking at the time shown on her boyfriend's clock.

She jumps off her bed and runs madly around the room to take her school affairs, brushing her hair and her teeth, and getting out of the room.

"I got to go!", she shouts, "Let's train after the lessons!"

"Wait! About that, I would like to have a little chat with you after the lessons.", Johnny quickly says before April would step a foot out of the room.

"No prob. See you, love!", she shouts, now definitely leaving the row, without caring about having forgotten to take her breakfast.

Johnny got surprised by the calling she gave to him, but he laughs sympathetically to himself for this. He liked how she made it sound. April, on her side, has noticed too late of what she said and got embarrassed to have said this. That was a nickname she never thought would slip out of her mouth. Wow. With this awkward thought in her mind, April is running quickly to her courses.

Johnny in the meantime is walking downstairs to quickly get to his own lessons, taking his own affairs and breakfast sandwich with him. But as he walks downstairs, he gets stopped by Javier who calls him out in the hall. Johnny walks towards Javier, who's standing next to the cellphone and having it in his hands.

"What? Don't you see I have to get quickly out?", Johnny asks, frustrated.

"You wouldn't want to dare miss this call. It's.... You know....", Javier cringes.