Chapter 27 : Wealthy Nightmare

Johnny and April have walked further away from the Worthington house, getting back quickly to Monsters University campus. They were both quiet for a while until they were certain to be enough away to say anything, without Mr Worthington hearing out.

"That got even worse than I thought, in the end.", April says with a trembling voice, still shocked by the most recent events.

"You know, you didn't have to answer the last things my dad said, right?", Johnny says.

"Say what?", April says, "Do you just know what he was saying? He thinks of me and Mike as a bunch of no talented nobodies. I often stay quiet, but that right there was offensive."

"I know, sweetheart, I know. But you should know that he is sort of like this. Cold and full of ego. I'm almost all like him."

"Maybe, but you at least didn't get that violent on me. Plus, I do remember that you have slowly changed your attitude on me."

"You can't always change everyone you know or meet. That doesn't function this way. It's not because I'm nicer to you that my father will in the end go flowers and petals all on you. And, trust me, there has been a lot of people having tried to reason with him, even I. He won't change a thing. You did it on making me change a little, because you were the only one having told me something, apart from the beachball. He, on his side, gets a little reputation of being expectant and strict. Everyone knows it and tells him. Yet he is still a tyrant."

"I didn't know."

Suddenly Johnny looks down to April, expecting an explanation.

"I didn't know a thing about your dad. You never told me anything. You have hidden what was behind this red mark on your cheek. And no one of your frat has ever told me neither. But I do notice their looks and yours when the subject is presented. I don't care about the details, but I at least, as your girlfriend, need to know."

"It's none of your business.", Johnny says, now getting cold and reserved, avoiding eye-contact with April.

"So now you are being a jerk again.", April protests, "You truly then have taken characteristics from your father for real. That's mean."

Johnny brutally turns around to April, frowning.

"Because that's all I have known from him since the beginning of my childhood! Are you done or do you need me to be the bad guy again?", he growls.

April stands back, looking shocked up to him. Johnny notices he said too much and that he was now being scary on her and imitating his father's previous behavior. He looks down, ashamed, a hand behind the back of his head, regretting.

"I'm sorry. It's what I do best, is it?", he mumbles, chuckling sadly.

He won't admit, but he does have tears forming in his eyes. He just doesn't let them roll down. He's a man, he doesn't like crying out loud or being emotional. April leans towards him and hugs him softly, her arms around his neck (still if we could call it that XD sorry Johnny). Johnny tries relaxing in her warm embrace.

"It's fine. I have been used to it.", April joked out.

"I don't deserve your kindness. You better let go before I truly become a beast.", Johnny mumbles.

"No you won't. I know you won't. Otherwise you wouldn't love me. And even if, I love big beasts and you sure are a huge one.", April winks.

Johnny blushes at this affirmation. He nuzzles on April's thin neck, growling.

"Are you now stealing my teasing role?", he says, smiling.

April giggles.

"That's the spirit I wanna sense from you.", she says.