Chapter 16: Say what?

"Okay sure.", she answers.

"Great.", Johnny says satisfied, "Then I guess we shall see each other after school. Meet me in front of the gate at 7PM. I gotta go before my compatriots ask themselves where I must be. And I think that you should be going back in your studies as well."

April looks down on her watch which hung on her wrist. She notices the time having passed out pretty quickly. She gasps lightly. 

"You're right! I'll be late if ever I wait one  more minute or two. Gotta go. See you this evening.", she says this pretty quickly, starting to rush away to the scare building, waving at Johnny.

Johnny nods, chuckling, before walking away too. He notices that his pals from his fraternity are walking towards him, kind of confused and suspicious on him. Johnny raises an eyebrow up still wearing a smile on.

"What? Can't take a walk on my own? Let's get back in the house.", he says, walking past them.

The team follows their leader to the house. Only Chip and Javier start turning their heads behind them to see April running the opposite side to the scare building. Chip exchanges looks with Javier.

"You think what I think? Something's on.", he whispers.

"Affirmatively.", Javier answers, smirking, "We'll be discussing about it later."

"Sure thing.", Chip smirks back.

Both of them turn back in front of them, following their leader of the RORs.

-

At lunch break, April has decided to join the Oozma Kappas at their house. Ms Squibbles had prepared something for them and she expressly wanted April to try it out and give out some company. The team and April herself are currently sitting on the living room's table, waiting for Ms. Squibbles to finish to prepare the meal. And there she arrives with a big plate in her tiny hands. 

"Here you go, everyone. I found this new recipe in a magazine very recently. Gratin of wasted pumpkin and raw pork (are you hungry yet with all the names I'm making around monster food? XD)", with this, Ms. Squibbles deposits the plate on the table. 

"Sounds pretty good actually.", April comments as she sees the food in the plate, licking her lips a bit. 

"My mom always tries something new in cooking.", Squishy says.

Ms. Squibbles sits on her place now, joining the group of people.

"Well then, what are you waiting for? Bon appetit.", she says.

Everyone starts serving themselves with the food in the middle of the table and eating. Art wriggles of joy by tasting it all.

"Ooh, it's so good. I'm definitely gonna eat the whole plate.", he exclaims.

Ms Squibbles giggles.

"I'm glad you like it, but let some for the others too.", she says.

"I kind of have to agree with Art. You always cook just right, Sheri.", Don says, flirting a bit with her.

"Oh shush.", Ms Squibbles blushes, giggling again.

"There are people here eating. Please and thank you.", Terry comments.

April snickers at this saying. She then gets a little thought in mind.

"So, you Oozma Kappas want to race on the Scare Games again this year?", she starts a new conversation.

"You kidding?", Terri answers, "Of course we will."

"Yeah, even if in the end one of us has cheated to make us win the games, it was pretty much fun and great. We all have surpassed our limits, and I think we are ready for another rematch. This time honorably and without shame. We have become professionals after all.", Don assures proudly.