Chapter 19: In Search for Admition

The next few weeks get a bit tense. A bit for almost everyone.

 The Roar Omega Roar fraternity haven't found their last member yet. The rules have come so strict that almost no one can pass those. The members of the team also make the candidates prove their values, but nobody gets approved. The RORs want someone who could crush the other teams and to make the team win the next games and make everyone forget their past loss. Unfortunately though, since last Scare Games, the people have also lost a little interest on the team. And since the new hard conditions put on to get admitted, they got even less attired. The RORs need to get someone as fast as possible, or they might not even play for this next season. They also have heard about the new recruits from the Oozmas, so they kind of are more annoyed with it. 

April on her side, feels a bit uncomfortable. Due to the fact Frank Fritz has now joined the Oozma Kappa. He became the reason why now, she spends less time with the team, even though they are friends. She discovered that Frank kind of sticks with them and acts nice and friendly while hiding his true colors from them when he's around his sister, who's in the team too, and around April and anyone else. And since he sticks with them almost every time in every day, like at lunch, at break time, after school, he could bother April if she would dare to approach. And all this in secret. April dislikes him. He's has a disgusting persona. So she slowly dares less to approach the Oozmas. And sadly they notice it too. Only, she won't tell them why is she this much separated from them. She doesn't dare, or else she is scared that the Oozmas could have problems with him like she does. But honestly she feels down because of this. This situation couldn't have gotten any worse, could it?

But apart from having rough moments, when she avoids the Oozmas, she also then spends more time with Johnny to be less lonely. And the more time they were passing with each other, the more they seemed to be closer. April sincerely is noticing that she is starting to somehow have feelings for him. She does. Only, she doesn't dare to show them. She doesn't feel herself worthy enough to be with a monster like him. He's a rather tough and autonomic guy. Why would he need to have a girlfriend with all the popularity he got all for himself? Johnny on the other hand, ignores the existence of this feeling he starts to grow towards her. He knows he's got a feeling, but he can't figure out what and how it's possible that he feels that way. He would gladly show it out to her, but he doesn't know how to do it yet. And since he ignores what feeling he has towards her that is growing, he will wait until he is sure.

On this brand new day, right after school, April has decided to hang out with Johnny, outside of the university. It's best for them not to get disturbed by any of the RORs who might question or argue too much. There won't be any bother. She is waiting for him a bit further away from the fraternity row Johnny lives in. She hasn't seen him since the beginning of the day, they have decided to see each other last day. He comes out from the row after a while, lightly embarrassed by something. He's rubbing something on his cheek. And as April can see what it is, she feels worried. She walks towards him.

"Hey. What happened to your cheek? Looks swollen and red.", she asks him.

"Ah nothing. It's been like this since the beginning but nothing to worry about.", he says.

"You sure?"

"Definitely. By the way hello.", he smiles. 

April smiles back. But she will remember that small booboo he got on his cheek. Is he now having fights with people? How did he get that? Well for now, as long as it's not too serious and that she doesn't see other injuries like these, then it's fine. So now they are marching through the campus in direction of the exit. 

"So, how have you been?", April starts.

"Pretty rough journey but had worse.", he says casually, "You?"