Chapter 9: Family Dinner

April walks to the nearest telephone hanging on a wall and picks it up. She answers the beeping call.

"Hello? Dad?", April asks out, nervously.

"Why hello again, my sweet little snake. How you doing today?", Mr Slyther asks out enthusiastically. 

April rubs the back of her head tiredly.

"I had better days.", she says, "Is there anything?"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Well, cheer up, because we got good news. The doctors have called not so long ago, and they have announced that Andy may take an evening today out of hospital.", the father announces.

April gasps of surprise. 

"Seriously? That's awesome!", she exclaims happily.

"I know, right? So, I thought with your mom and him to be going in a restaurant to have a nice family evening together. Don't worry, we'll bring you back just before the curfew at your academy, but what do you say about it?", he asks.

"This is so great! This evening, is it?", April asks back.

"Yep. You won't need to travel by bus, we will get you by car. Andy is so excited to see you again after all this long time.", the father affirms. 

"I am too. This means a lot to me. Thank you for the news. I really needed to get my mind out of negativity.", she says.

"Has something happened again?"

"It doesn't matter no more. Thank you again for this."

"It's a pleasure my dear. See you this evening and work hard today."

"Haha, sure.", as she realizes what her father said, she remembers her lessons and gasps, "Oh god, I forgot I had my scare lessons! Sorry dad, gotta go, see you this evening in front of the gate!"

Immediately, April puts the telephone back to place, running down the corridor of the dorms madly to get out.

"Oh, bye-", the voice of the father calls out before the call has been hung up when the telephone got back to place.

-

After the lessons, on the end of the afternoon, April has left her school bag inside her dorm to walk free hands to the entrance gate of Monsters University. She is waiting for her parents to come by with their car with Andy, clutching on a wall next to the gate. She watches the other cars passing by on the road, trying to identify her parents'. After a while, a blue car with horn on the sides is parking next to the street in front of the entrance of Monsters University. April recognizes it and smiles at it, knowing that from this vehicle, the figures of her parents and Andy will pop out of it. And here opens the front doors of the car and April's father and mother climb out and walk to their daughter with open arms.

"Hello there, sweet snake eyes."

"We haven't come too late now, did we?"

"Mom, Dad. I'm so happy to see you.", April says, walking towards them and hugging them. 

After a while, her parents let go off her to look at her face.

"How was your day, sweetie? Not too hard on studies, was it?", the mom asks.

"It was fine.", April answers.

"Hey, you're not forgetting me, aren't you?"

It's Andy's voice. As April looks behind her parents, she can see Andy coming out of the car, with crutches to help him walk on each arm. April's eyes are tearing up, even if she is holding on to not cry by seeing his presence.