Double Date (20)

I stand with my hands on my hips and look at the two outfits on my bed. One is a white silk blouse with a black skirt and the second is a navy blue bress. I like both of them but can't choose which one to wear.

"What are you doing?" Mom asks from the door.

"Trying to decide what to wear." I reply as I sit down on the bed.

"Right! I completely forgot. Today's your double date with Ella, Simon and Henry." She says.

"Please help me." I plead.

"How many times have you worn that dress?" She asks, pointing at it.

"I lost count after hundred." I joke.

"Then wear the skirt. You only wore it once." She tells me.

"Alright. That's it. It's been decided. Im going to wear the dress." I announce.

She smiles at this and asks. "You sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah. I mean I'm excited it's been so much time that I actually went on a date. I've hardly had any time for myself these past few years." I reply.

After a few more minutes of conversation, she leaves so that I can get ready. I already took a shower and my hairs dry by now. So I run a brush through it to take out the tangles. I put on my clothes and apply some makeup. I decide to wear heels. But it's been a while since I wore them so I'm afraid that I mighth fall. But after walking a few steps I get used to it. I sweep my bangs to one side and then grab my purse and shove in my phone and some money.

When I go out, mom's in the kitchen drinking coffee.

"Wow! You look pretty." She remarks.

"Thanks."

"When is she coming to get you?" She asks.

"Anytime now." Just as I say this the doorbell rings. I wave mom goodbye and go out. There's a black car waiting on the road and Ella's standing there, waiting for me. She's wearing a black dress.

"Hi!" I walk upto her and hug her. She hugs me back.

We get into the car and she drives off.

"Where're Simon and Henry?" I ask her.

"They're going to meet us at the resturant." She replies.

After some driving she stops the car in front of what looks like a five star resturant. We get out and the vallet takes the car away. I let her lead the way. When we get inside she gives her name and the waiter takes us to a table which was reserved for us.

I take a seat next to her, with my back towards the enterance. We talk about work and family and everything that two sisters talk about.

After a while she looks behind me and gets up. I get up too guessing that the others have arrived and I'm right because they have. Henry sits next to Ella and Simon next to me. We order and then Ella's husband asks me.

"It's been a long time since I saw you."

"Yeah. I've been busy with work." I tell him.

"Where do you work?" Simon asks me.

My first instinct is to lie about me being a housemaid but when I reply I say something that is true. "I work for the royal family. I work under the queen's assistant, Mitchelle."

"Really?" He seems surprised.

"Yeah." I confirm.

"What's it like to go there everyday? Do you get to see the family?" He asks.

I explain. "I couldn't believe it either in the begining but I've gotten used to it, now. And yeah, I get to see the royals once in a while."

With this the conversation goes on and on. Soon our food arrives which I must say is the most delicious food I've ever had. Once we're done eating and the bill's been paid we go out to the parking lot and wait for the Vallet to get our cars.

"You and Ella can go home. I'll drive Cassandra." Simon offers. We all agree this and split up after saying goodbye. I give him instructions to get to my house.

When he stops the car, I unbuckle my seat and get out. He opens the door for me.

"Thanks for the dinner. I really enjoyed it." I tell him.

"I was good to have your company too." He says.

And then what follows is not what I was expecting. He leans in and kisses me. I don't let him get far and pull away.

I speak quickly. "I'm really sorry but I'm just not interested."

With this I turn my back on him and go in.