Things will change (5)

For what seems like the 100th time, I get off the bus.

I head for the pharmacy, a few blocks away from my house. I got some money as an early payment of my job. With the money I buy some of the medicines that the doctor prescribed for my mother. I come out of the pharmacy with a tiny packet in my hand.

I reach my house in five minutes. Mom is asleep in her room. I heat up the soup from the morning and pour into two bowls. Setting them on the table, I grab mom's medicines and put them there as well. I go to her room and shake her shoulder lightly. At once she sits up.

"Hi mom! I just got back from the trial." I tell her.

"Oh! Well? How did it go?" she asks.

"Come have lunch with me at the table. I'll only tell you then." I say.

She sighs and then says "Oh alright then."

I take her hand and help her get up from the bed. I lead her to the dinning table and push her chair in, once she has sat down. We start sitting eating in silence. After a few mouthfuls mom notices the package holding her medicines. She picks it up and opens it.

"OH MY GOODNESS! Where did the money come from? Please don't tell me that you borrowed or begged." she says.

"No mom. I got the job! The prince himself made a special request to get me hired." I explain.

"Should I take one pill?" she asks.

"Yeah! Go ahead!" I say eager to see her better.

Once she has swallowed two pills, she anounces that she's going to bed. I stay back and clean the dishes before going to bed. I change into my pajamas. In bed I keep telling myself one thing over and over again.

Things will change now for me and my mother.

So here you go the next chapter. This one's not really all that good. Cassy will be starting work in the next chapter. Things are going to get interesting I promise!

read, vote & comment.

~