off to the beach (22)

It's complete chaos in the palace. The royal family's going to the beach house today. Everyone franctic, trying to get everything done.

I've already done what I had to do. All the luggage is already in the van which is going to take it down to the beach. I'm in the kitchen, gulping down a glass of water. Anna's not going. I don't know any of the other housemaids that well.

After a few more minutes, Mitchell bustles in and motions me to follow her. She leads me outside and to the luggage van.

"Count the suitcases and make sure that all of them are there. If not then find out what's missing and make it as quick as possible because we're going to be leaving in twenty minutes." With this she hurries off.

I sigh and step into the vehicle. The luggage lines both sides of the aisle. I pull out the list that I was given by Mitchell and start ticking off things. When I get to the the queen's luggage, the zip is slightly open. So, I zip it up because if even the smallest thing goes wrong, she's going to pounce on me like a starving lion.

Once I've double checked everything, I get out to see everyone getting into cars. The family gets into a jeep and it drives off at once with a couple of black cars following it. They most probably have guards in it.

Mitchell, Helen, the rest of the housemaids, the other staff and I get into a coaster and follow. The royal family's beach house is on Batemans Bay. So, it'll take two hours to get there. I pop some chewing gum into my mouth, put my earphones on and lean back against my seat.

Mitchell and Helen are sitting in front of me. There's a housemaid sitting on the oppsite side of the aisle and everyone else is behind me. After some time I take the gum out of my mouth and doze off.

I wake up when the bus slows down. I stretch myself and sit up straight. As soon as the bus stops Mitchell and Helen get off  but the rest of us take our time.

When I walk upto Mitchell she shouts over all the noise. "They'll unload the luggage and put it in the lobby. Once you've had lunch, you have to sort it out and have it sent to the right rooms."

"I will!" I shout back. She nods and goes off.

I look around my surroundings. The house or should I say mansion has a number of balconies jutting out here and there. All the windows face the beach. There are hardly any that don't. There are no people here. I guess that's because this part's reserved for the royals.

It'll be good for me to forget about my problems for some time.

This is just a filler chapter. I'll try my best to update after two days. Which will be on Friday. So, please don't forget to check out the next chapter.

Plz plz plz plz comment! I would really appreciate it. I hardly get any feedback, so I would love to know what you think of my story :)

Read, Vote & Comment!

~