a talk and warned (16)

I'm sitting on my living room's floor, with my back against the couch. I have papers scattered all around me. Mitchell and I divided up the work for the breakfast. She's going to take care of the food and I'm supposed to take care of EVERYTHING else.

For the last thirty minutes I have been trying to decide which colour the crockery should be. I pick up the purlpe piece of cloth and put it with the black one. Then move the black one to the blue one. After more debating I decide on blue and white.

The next thing to do is decide the sitting arrangment. I think of putting chairs in rows and have waiters serve the guests there. But eating that way would be very uncomfortable. I decide to put up rectangular tables with everything blue and white on them.

I put together all of this in a file and head out to go see Mitchell at the palace. I take the bus and sit in my usual seat. All the other housemaid's have the Saturday and Sunday off. But I have to work because I got "promoted."

I go to the back door which leads into the kitchen. I open the door and walk head long into someone's back. I back off rubbing my head.

"Why do we keep bumping into each other?" William asks turning around.

"Sorry. This was completely my fault. I should've looked where I was going." I tell him but I know that he was the one who should not have been standing here.

"That's okay." He teases me. A smile spreading across his face.

This makes me take liberty too. "And may I ask what you're doing in the kitchen, your highness?"

"I was just looking for something to eat because I missed lunch." He explains.

"Oh!" I reply.

"We can have lunch together, if you want." He offers.

I haven't had anything to eat because of all the work and I really want to have lunch with him but something stops me. "Thanks but I can't. I have to discuss a few things with Mitchell about the breakfast tomorrow." I tell him motioning to the file I'm holding.

"Right. Sorry if I made you late." He apologizes.

I at once tell him that it's okay. He heads over to the chef and I make my way to the steps that lead into the hallway. When William stops me.

"Cassandra?"

This makes my heart jump and I turn around asking. "Yeah?"

"Congradulations about your promotion." He says.

"How do you know?" I ask him surprised that he knows about this.

"Can we just say that I like keeping an eye on what goes on?" He asks. I nod in reply.

As I walk towards Mitchell's office I think to myself. Does he know about the talk I had with his mother yesterday? If does then what does he think of it? These days I have so many questionns swimming around in my head that I hardly have any time for something else.

I stop outside the door and knock. After some time, she says. "Come in."

I go in and close the door after me. "So, have you figured things out?" She asks.

I tell her what I've decided on and then look at the menu that she's prepared. Everthing's what normal people have for breakfast. Only all the things put together.

omletes and eggs (of all sorts)

breads (of all sorts)

bacon

sausages

pancakes

waffles

bagles

hash browns

baked beans

jams and butters

coffee, tea, juices.

and there was so much more.

I could not believe that all of this would be prepared for ONE breakfast, a royal breakfast.

I leave the palace and go to the nearest Forever 21. I can't buy anything special for Anna's sister but a necklace or a pair of shoes I can afford now that I have a good job. I choose a pair of floral printed flats.

I take them to the counter, pay for them and then head back home. Once I get back I wrap them up and put them away. I'm putting together a sandwhich for myself when the phone rings. I pick up the reciever.

"Hello. This is Cassandra speaking." I say into the phone.

A familiar voice speaks up. "Hello Cassandra. This is Thalia."

"Thalia?" I ask confused.

"Mrs. Blake." Will's mother says.

"What did I do now?" I ask.

"Nothing. I just wanted to warn you about the breakfast. A move on my son equals to a move on your mother. You don't want to disappoint mommy by getting her fired. Do you?" She asks.

I end the call without replying.

"Who was it?" Mom asks coming in.

"Mitchell, reminding me to be on time." I lie to her.

I want William. AND. I want my mother to be happy.

I just don't know which one to choose.

An update!

I'm trying to get the story going. At this pace. I'll never be able complete it.

Thank you so much for the 750 reads! :)

If you have any friends who might be interested in reading this story then please get them to.

Read, Vote & Comment!

~