him (37)

William drove me to the hospital. All that happened today made me forget about mom and all my worries. But the moment I step into the elevator, it all comes rushing back to me.

I make my way to mom's room and let myself in. Ella's by mom's side. She looks up at me and says.

"Someone looks happy."

"I do?" I ask in disbelief. She nods in reply.

"Today has been crazy." I tell her.

"How?" She asks me.

I sit cross legged across from her on a couch. The feel of his strong arms around me and lips on my skin, come rushing back to me.

"You're blushing." Ella interrupts my thoughts.

"Yeah...I...I..." I can't bring myself to say it. She raises her eyebrows at me.

The words rush out of my mouth. "William kissed me."

At first she keeps staring me, so I say. "But just on my cheek." I keep the café incident to myself.

In an instant she's out of her seat and hugging me. "Oh Cassy!"

All of a sudden she pulls away and a serious look crosses her face. "Look. This might sound weird coming from me but mom's not here to say it. So, here's the thing. Are you sure that it wasn't something that just felt right to do at that moment?"

I get what she's trying to say, so I assure her. "Ella, you know I'm better than that. I won't let anyone treat me as a chew toy. Besides, he himself said that he wants us to be together. Don't worry about me."

"Okay." With this she gives me another long hug and after a few more minutes she leaves.

I change into a pair of pajamas I keep at the hospital and make myself comfortable on the couch. I will myself to go to sleep but there is only one thing on my mind.

The Prince.

My Prince.

William.

I even dream of him that night. It's the first peaceful night I have since mom's accident.

I'm really sorry for the short chapter but I'm trying to get the story going, so please cope with me.

And please comment! I would appreciate your reviews.

~