An Unexpected Visitor (31)

I'm waiting for Ella to get back from the cafeteria. It's getting closer towards night. I didn't have any lunch because I don't dare leave mom's side for even a second (except washroom breaks.)

I'm playing with my fingres when a knock on the door snaps to attention. I open the soor to find the nurse who checks on mom after intervals.

I let her in and lean against the wall. She checks the machines and adjusts some of the tubes. She's still busy when another knock makes me jump.

I open the door and my eyes widen in shock and surprise. William's standing right in front of me.

I just stand there staring at him when the nurse says. "Excuse me." It's then that I realize that I had been blocking her path.

I step away and as soon as she leaves William steps in. I close the door and then turn towards him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

He points towards mom and then says. "I came to see how she was doing."

I don't know why but a warm feeling spreads through me. William could've sent anyone to check on her but he came himself.

He walks over to the bed and then all of a sudden looks up, catching me staring at him.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing. How did you find out?" I try to change the topic and he does.

"No one told me. I over heard Annabelle talking to some of the others about it, so I though I'd stop by."

I nod and we both fall into silence. I look down at my feet and when I look up again, I find him staring at me.

This time I ask him. "What?"

"Do you want to go out for coffee or something?" He blurts out.

I stare at him in disbelief and surprise. At the same time the door opens and I find Ella staring at William with her eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

"Excuse me for a second." I tell him and then push Ella out of the room before closing the door.

She at once snaps out of the revery and exclaims. "What was the prince doing in mom's room?!"

"That's not one of my biggest worries right now." I say.

She stares at me as if I'm crazy and then asks. "Then what is?!"

"He didn't just stop by to check on mom. He asked me out." I tell her.

She does a double take and takes a step away from me. "He asked you out?" She asks again to make sure that she heard it right.

"Yes!" I exclaim. When I see that she has no intention of saying anything, I ask. "Should I?"

"Are you kidding me? Most girls would kill for an oppertunity like this!" She takes hold of my shoulders and jostles me.

"Okay. But I can't leave mom alone." I say.

"She won't be alone. I'll be with her. Besides that mom would want you to do this. You've already made enough sacrifices for her." She tells me.

I nod, take a deep breath and  turn towards the door. My hand is inches away from the door knob when I pull it away and turn towards Ella saying.

"I can't do this."

"Yes you can!" And with this she opens the door and shoves me in.  William looks at me, waiting for an answer and Ella nudges me.

I forget what I had to say and instead say. "William, this is my sister, Ella. She's going to stay with mom."

"So, are we on?" Will asks. Damn he's cute!

I think it over one last time and then nod. "Yeah."

I'm really sorry for the late update.

I have no idea what went wrong with me. I knew what I had to write but just couldn't bring myself to write it down.

It wan't writer's block. Actually I have no idea what it was.

Read, Vote and Comment!

~

P.S. I'm really grateful for all the reads :)