Trials (3)

I wake up to my mom's voice calling me softly. I get out bed and walk into her room tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Can you get me something to eat?" She asks.

I nod and walk to the mostly empty kitchen. I rumage through the cupboards to find that we have nothing to eat except a loaf of old bread, some butter, a few vegetables and some chicken.

I make soup with the vegetables and pour it into a bowl, then cut up the bread and take the tray to my mother. After seeing that she's comfortable I come back to my room and get changed for my trial at the royal palace. I take a shower and put on a black and white stripped dress. I get myself breakfast and after seeing that mom has everything at arm's reach, I get my coat and go to the bus station.

Catching the bus for the second time makes me feel satisfied that at least I've gotten this far. When the bus stops I get off and walk towards the palace. I walk through the gates after verifying myself to the guards. Just as I put my foot in a car zooms past me blowing my hair all over my face and making me shiver.

I keep walking. I'm still quite far away from the actual building when I see that the car has stopped. A boy gets out and then helps a girl out from her side. They're both dressed in clothes that my family would not be able to afford their entire life.

I go into the palace and the doors close after them. I go the back where I had been last night. I am the first of the others to arrive. Soon after me all of them come one after the other. Two of them seem to be friends because they arrived together and stand talking as we wait for Helen to come get us.

The other girl is shy as well, so I decide to make light talk. "Hi! I'm Cassandera. But my family calls my Cassy." I start.

"My name's Sophie. Nice to meet you." She replies still shyly.

Before I can reply the same door opens and out comes a housemaid a few years older than me. She hands us each a white apron and says "Put them on and follow me." I pull it over my head and tie it behind my back.

I'm the last one to go in so I have to close the door before getting to look around. When I turn around I find that we're in a huge kitchen with lots of stoves burning here and there, hundreds of chefs are bustling about. I see the others on the other side of the room, going up a filght of stairs. I hurry up to catch up with them but a chef carrying a huge tray blocks my path.

I inch my way around him, only to find them gone. I run up the stairs and go out the door on the top and find myself in a long corridor with white tiles and pictures lining every inch of the wall. I catch a glimpse of white rounding a corner. I hurry after it and then SLAM!

I bump into someone and hit my head hard on the wall. The last thing I see is someone leaning over me and skaking me before I black out.

guys! don't imagine Cassandra to be ugly and unkept She's a really pretty girl with black hair and blue eyes.

Besides that give my story lots of reads and comment as well. If you're a SHEO shipper then read my SHEO fanfiction as well. So far it has been getting a better response than this story.

~