A Wild Christmas

It was Skylor's first Christmas away from the wild pack and she was spending it with Lloyd's pack and of course Pixel. According to Kai, the pack had always spent Christmas together at one of their homes. It was Lloyd's time to host Christmas this year. Morro and Pixel were also going to be there but only to decorate the Christmas tree. Then Morro and Pixel would be going home to spend the rest of the day with their own families. Morro had tried to convince his foster parents to let him spend Christmas with Lloyd's family but they had refused.

So they tried to spend as much time as they could together and having fun decorating the tree.

Skylor was worried as she watched the others decorated Lloyd's house for the holidays. Being raised in the wild, with little to no human interaction, she had never celebrated Christmas so she felt a little uncomfortable, not sure what she should be doing. The others had tried to explain it all to her. All Skylor could gather, however, was that they didn't have to go to school until January and for some reason, Kai Smith had a deep, seething hatred for Elves, Gingerbread men, and possibly Santa.

After sitting on the couch for a few awkward minutes, Skylor finally got up to help with the decorating.

Sometimes Skylor would get carried away with the baubles and tinsel getting tied up and setting the rest of them into a fit of giggles.

"Oh shut up, can you now get me out of this?" She sighed exasperatedly. Nya giggled again and she and Zane began to unravel the tinsel off of the wild girl. Eventually, it was all off of her and they proceeded to decorate the tree. Half an hour later the tree sparkled and shone with a new light as they put the last bauble on the tree. Once the tree was decorated, Misako took the star out of one of the boxes.

"Who should put the star on the tree this year?" She asked and everyone glanced at Skylor.

"I think Skylor should do it, Mom," Lloyd smiled. "I mean, it's her first Christmas away from the wild pack and we don't know how long she'll be away from them."

"Good point bro." Kai nodded.

"Are you sure?" Skylor asked.

"Come on Skylor, it'll make you feel special and a part of all of us." Cole encouraged. Misako passed the star and Skylor smiled as she walked slowly towards the glittering tree. Skylor took one look at the tree's top and turned to look pleadingly at Cole and Morro, the both of them being the tallest in the room, who both looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

"Alright but only because it's Christmas." Morro laughed before they picked her up and put her on their shoulders. Skylor reached up and placed the star on the top of the beautiful tree. At that moment the house became more warming and happy. Afterward, Morro and Pixel had to go to spend time with their families so hugs, goodbyes, and 'Merry Christmas' were said and done all around than the two friends left...

****************

Skylor was practically drooling as she tried not to raid the kitchen. She was about to have her very first real Christmas Dinner and not some animal, or scraps, like in the wild. Zane was cooking the dinner, with Misako and Edna helping, while Skylor and the others watched Christmas movies on the TV. While everyone was enjoying the movies, Skylor felt most of them were the same, just with a different cast. She did like some of the movies, though.

Her favorite had to be the one with the green, hairy man stealing presents from a town of people who all looked like demon-possessed hippos.

As they watched another movie, Zane announced that dinner was ready and they all sat around the table, which was carefully laid with place-mats in front of them, knives and forks on either side of them, and a cracker next to the drink. Because there were so many people at Lloyd's house for Christmas Jay, Ed, Ray, Nya, and Dr. Julien had to eat their food in the living room. Skylor stared delightedly at all the freshly cooked food on the table on the table.