Cole Doesn't Live Here Anymore Part 1

Kai sighed as curled up on the couch with Cole while Nya angrily paced around in front of them. He could tell his mother was angry too, as he could hear her making dinner, almost breaking the chopping board. To help the school raise some money, Harumi had put together a school Sadie Hawkins dance for next week on the condition that they brought a date. Thankfully the dance was set for a date a few days after Kai's cast came off, meaning he and Cole could dance.

He and his boyfriend had also finally caught up with most of their school work, so Ray and Maya agreed to let them go.

They both were very excited to finally go to a school event as a couple. Unfortunately, something must have upset the lead cheerleader because as soon as she heard that Kai and Cole were attending the dance together she got them barred from the event for not keeping with the Sadie Hawkins tradition. To Kai and the others' shock, the school actually agreed to her decision. To say the pack was upset was the understatement of the millennium.

"You know what it's just not fair!" Nya screamed when they told her what had happened just as Ray came home.

"This is total bullshit!" Cole growled in agreement.

"What are you kids freaking out about?" Ray asked, frowning at Cole's choice of words.

"There's a school disco coming up to help raise money for the hockey teams' new uniforms and the school says that Cole and Kai can't go together since no girls have asked them," Maya explained as she angrily peeled some potatoes.

"Oh, there's a simple solution here." Ray shrugged. "Why don't you just ask some big girls with short haircuts from the girls' softball team who want to go?"

"We shouldn't have to fool them into letting up go!" Kai snapped.

"Yeah, besides, those girls scare me," Cole admitted and he, Kai, and Nya winced at the thought of the girls from the softball team. Most of them were nice but a few were downright horrible to other people and more than half of them looked like grown men.

"I agree, it sucks, but there's nothing we can do." Nya sighed as she slumped onto the couch next to her brother.

"Stop talking like that." Maya scolded the teens. "Back when I was a teenager if we didn't like something we fought the system."

"Let me tell you kids something if I was a gay teen and I had a boyfriend I would fight for my rights and I would win and I would be at that dance awkwardly trying to figure out who was going to lead!" Ray exclaimed, getting a confused and annoyed look from his two children and Cole.

"You know what Dad's right!" Nya cheered as she shot up from her seat. "This is an outrage and it's discrimination! We should protest the school until they either let you two go together or cancel the dance!"

"Yeah!" Kai agreed with a big grin.

"Let's go organize our protest!" Cole smirked and all three went to Nya's room to being planning...

****************

Maya hummed a little tune to herself as she finished her grocery shopping for dinner tonight, having basically ruined any food from her anger last night. She really hoped the teens could convince the school to let Kai and Cole go to the dance. When they told her what had happened she had wanted to go to Harumi's house and teach the diva a terrifying lesson she would not soon forget. Sadly, she didn't want to spend the night in a cell, so she had to take her anger out on chopping vegetables.

She felt so bad for her son and his boyfriend.

She still was a little uncomfortable with her son's sexuality but ever since Cole had moved into their apartment, Maya had gotten the chance to get to know Cole. The raven-haired teen was a very kind, strong, and gentle boy. He loved Kai and that was all that mattered. As the female werewolf was putting her groceries in the trunk of the car, her enhanced senses suddenly caught a familiar, unwanted scent. She turned and saw a nervous Lou standing behind her.