Confrontations

It had been almost twenty-four hours since Cole and Kai had run away and soon the Smiths could finally file a missing person report. Nya and her parents had all spent a restless night worrying about Kai and they had tried contacting Lou, but there was no response. They had tried to call Kai but he had left his phone at the apartment and Cole wasn't answering either. They had tried calling all the people Kai knew but no one had seen him.

Ray and Maya had been driving around for hours, trying to pick up either Kai or Cole's scent.

It became was very clear, however, that they had taken Cole's car and it was impossible for them to track them down alone. They would have to call the police if they wanted their son home safe and sound.

"Ok, just let me know if he gets in touch." Maya sighed as she hung up on another dead end.

"Still nothing?" Ray asked and she shook her head. They were getting so desperate that they had started ringing people Kai hardly knew. "At least they know to keep an eye out for them." He sighed.

"This is all a waste of time." She muttered. "If he was with somebody responsible they would have called now and said he was alright."

"It's 8 am, if he arrived somewhere late last night-"

"They still would have called!" She snapped as tears welled up in her eyes. "This is all my fault."

"No, it's not."

"If he hadn't been terrified about what I'd say..."

"Maya stop blaming yourself." Ray sighed as Nya walked into the living room.

"No news?" She asked when she saw the sad looks on her parents' faces. They could only shake their heads, unable to find the words. "He'll soon come to his senses."

"Nya's right."

"And if something happens to him before then?" Maya asked, but Ray and Nya didn't know what to say...

****************

Pixel sighed as she and Zane snuggled up on her sofa, watching a movie. She felt incredibly guilty for outing Cole and Kai but no one believed her. She wished she could just forget all about their relationship and the fact her friends were werewolves. Then she wouldn't have put the cameras in the dens and then none of her friends would be boycotting her now. As they were halfway through the movie Zane's phone buzzed, signaling that he received a new message.

"What's wrong?" She asked when she saw his shocked face.

"It's from Lloyd, apparently Cole and Kai have run away from home because everyone's accusing them of being gay." He replied.

"When was this?"

"Last night."

"Another thing for Nya to shout at me for I suppose." She sighed.

"You didn't make them gay."

"No, but I did blow their cover." She mumbled. "I wish" I could run away sometimes."...

****************

"What is 'gay'?" Skylor suddenly asked Lloyd and Morro. They had come over to her caravan after they had promised to help her fix it up some it was more livable in the long term. While they had been working, the two boys had been talking about the recent rumors about Cole and Kai being a couple, not realizing Skylor had been listening in. As soon as she asked the question, both boys froze and dropped the tools they had been using.

They had no idea if wild werewolves accepted gay and lesbian people.

"W-What do you mean?" Lloyd gulped.