The New Kid In Town

It had been almost a week since Morro had returned and so far everything had been going alright for the pack. Misako and Wu had spoken with Morro and Social Services and had arranged for Morro to live with them as a foster child. Morro had been over the moon when Lloyd told him this. He was currently helping Misako and Wu unpack the few things the Dobsons hadn't thrown out when he had run away. Unfortunately, most of his belongings were gone.

Except for a few of his cards, two video games, and a framed photograph of his biological parents.

Of all the things they had recovered, Morro was thankful that at least he still had that picture. It was literally the only thing he had left to remember them by. He had considered taking it to the wild with him but decided not to, not wanting to lose or damage it out there.

"It's brilliant, Mrs. Garmadon, you shouldn't have gone to all this trouble." Morro smiled as they finished unpacking his things. At Nya's assistance, he had gotten his hair cut back to it's original length to his shoulders and re-dyed his green streak.

"It's Misako, and it's no trouble, it's what I do." She smiled warmly at the teen.

"Misako and I, we have been a bit too hard on you so... this is just our way of saying welcome to the pack." Wu sighed as he places a comforting hand on Morro's shoulder.

"What have you done with my school clothes?" Asked Lloyd as he stepped into Morro's new room, still in his pajamas.

"They're on the line." Misako shrugged, not really paying attention to her son.

"What? In this weather?!"

"Bring them in then, I'm not your servant, and bring the rest with you!" She called after him as he rushed downstairs. Lloyd heard her but just huffed in frustration as he picked up the basket and stepped out into the backyard. He suddenly froze, however, and started sniffing the air; his eyes widening as he picked up a familiar yet strange scent, a wild scent. He slowly walked around the corner and saw a girl his age stealing his clothes!

"Hey! What're you doing!" He yelled and the girl whipped around to face him.

The girl had short eyelashes and tanned skin, with long cherry-red hair in a ponytail and dull amber eyes. What was once an orange t-shirt was now a dirty, tattered mess of fibers and fabric, only barely able to hang from her shoulders like a discarded old towel. There was a huge hole in one of the shoulders, leaving much of her body exposed to the elements. She was wearing a ripped orange coat over her t-shirt. It was a nasty mess of stains and dirt, but at least it helped her fight the elements, even if only for a little.

Her dark brown pants weren't in great shape either.

There was a big tear on the left side of her pants which ran from the top to almost the bottom. But at least she had shoes to protect her feet. Although they were tattered, barely the right size and there was a hole in the right toebox which was letting in water and dirt. She was wearing a large scarf around her neck and had it wrapped around her face in a way that covered the chin. It was old and worn, but otherwise in a good condition.

As soon as she saw the blonde teen her amber eyes turned bright yellow and they both started growling at each other, slowly circling around the empty backyard.

"Skylor?!" Morro suddenly cried as he, Misako, and Wu stepped outside, shocked by what they were seeing. The sound of his voice seemed to shatter the tension because as soon as she saw she was outnumbered, the wild girl, Skylor, jumped over the fence and took off running into the forest. Lloyd tried to chase after her but was grabbed by his mother.

"Get off! She stole my clothes!"

"I'm sure she didn't mean any harm," Morro reassured them.

"How would you know? Who is she?" Wu frowned and Morro looked towards the direction she had fled.