A Twist In The Tail

The next day, Lloyd and his friends were all sat in Zane's back garden with Uncle Wu. Zane's father was working overtime at the hospital again and called his son to say he wouldn't be home for dinner. Julien had recently planted some new flowers in the garden to deter the bugs from his other plants. Unfortunately, the scent was so powerful that it was messing with the pack's sense of smell. They couldn't even smell each other and they were sat next to each other.

Uncle Wu just sighed as he stared out to the forest that was pretty much Zane's backyard.

The forest was here long before all of them, even before this city, and would be here long after the pack had all gone and long after this full moon. Everyone was antsy as it was that it was full moon time again tonight. The day of the full moon always supercharged their inner wolves until nighttime and it was starting to become a dreaded event. For the last few full moons, something bad had almost always happened to the pack. Cole groaned, really hoping it wasn't as bad as the last full.

"So... what are you guys doing for the full moon?" Morro asked, trying to lighten the mood, even though he already knew their plans. As usual, Kai, Zane, himself, and Cole were going to Zane's house, Jay would be alone at the junkyard, but Lloyd kept saying that he wanted a change for once. Normally Nya would spend the night at Lloyd's, but tonight she decided to go to Zane's with her brother. After everything that happened the last full moon and even before that, she wanted to be by her brother's side.

The only reason she was allowed to go to Zane's was that Ray and Maya were aboard for work again.

They all know that Ray and Maya hated the thought of their children returning to human form in front of their fellow teens, despite them being werewolves as well. Then again, all parents worry about that, whether their humans or not.

"Lloyd will be staying with myself and Misako." Uncle Wu answered for his nephew, which caused the teen to groan in frustration. He really wanted to spend a full moon in the forest with Zane and the others, but his family would never let him.

"Why can't a just run around the forest with the others?" He demanded, crossing his arms and pouting like a child.

"The full moon is a powerful force." His uncle smiled softly. "But this time, however, it's even more so."

"Really? How do you know?" Jay asked, slightly worried. Full moons were bad enough, but if it was more powerful then Jay and the others wanted to be prepared for it.

"I just know." He chuckled, irritating the teens even more.

"Why can't you just be honest and explain things to us?" Kai growled.

"Not everything can be explained." Zane suddenly said in Master Wu's defense. "Something's need to be taken on faith, right Master Wu?"

"That is correct, Zane." He smiled and the teens turned back to the forest, enjoying the cool breeze and fresh air. What no one realized was that in the bushes nearby, Terri's research assistant Greg was quietly hidden as he took close-up pictures of Kai, Nya, and Morro...

****************

Morro sighed heavily as he walked around the park, trying to clear his head. He hadn't been for a run or used any of his powers since he had gotten home and it was driving him crazy. What also had him on edge was the fact that Dr. Terri Kiken was still hanging around, even though he was sure Zane and Pixal said she would be done by now. All of a sudden he felt someone grab his shoulders, making him jump. He whipped around and saw Harumi laughing at him.

He only just managed to get his fight or flight instincts under control and stop a frightened and threatening growl from escaping his throat.

The last thing the pack needed was Harumi seeing Morro's inner wolf.