Sunken Treasure

Morro smiled as he saw a family take a picture together as they prepared to hike through the forest trail while he waited for Lloyd. Summer was right around the corner and that not only meant a new tourist season, but it also meant that more people were leaving their homes and enjoying the summer breeze and the warm sunshine. The pack loved summertime, but it also had its dangers for werewolves. While the nights might be shorter, more humans go camping out in the forest, usually boy scouts.

During a full moon, they had almost been caught by these campers on more than one occasion.

Morro sighed as he took a seat on a bench at the edge of the trail. He had just finished his most recent after-school detention and was waiting to meet up with Lloyd but the blond teen seemed to be running late. He sat there for another twenty minutes before he sent a text to Lloyd, telling him that he was going home. Just as he stood up from the bench, he saw Harumi sat alone at a picnic table nearby, just staring out into the forest in the distance.

He hadn't spoken to her in the last two weeks since they had kissed and had made it his mission to avoid her like the plague.

He really did like her, despite all she had done to him and his pack, but that was the reason he was avoiding her. If the others found out about the kiss, who knows what they would do. Nya would probably beat him and Harumi up. Pixel was another reason why he wasn't sure to date her. When Zane started dating Pixel, the human found out about their secret and almost exposed them. He vividly remembered seeing her still sat at her laptop, about to uploads the pictures of the others in their wolf forms to the whole world.

He knew Harumi didn't have the same bonds Pixel had with the others.

If she found out their secret there was nothing to stop her from telling everyone about werewolves. Since they weren't here now, however, he figured now would be a good time to clear things up with Harumi. He took a quick sniff and listened for a moment, and when he was sure that Lloyd wasn't nearby, he approached the lead cheerleader. She noticed him out of the corner of her eye but kept her gaze at the forest.

"Hey, Harumi!" He smiled as he ran up to her. "What ya doing?"

"Thinking."

"About what?"

"Just some stuff." She sighed before fixing him with a harsh glare. "Like how you keep thinking I'm a fool!" She exclaimed and he jumped back at her sharp tone. This wasn't the first time she's spoken to him like that, but for some reason, this time it hurt something in his chest.

"What do you mean?"

"One second we're nearly dating, and then we're almost strangers!" She glared and Morro flinched slightly.

"Harumi, I want to date you but I've got a lot on my plate right now."

"Like what?! You're the same, ordinary foster kid!" She glared before storming off. Morro wanted to chase after her, but he thought that would make things worse. So instead he just sighed in defeat and headed off home...

****************

Cole smiled as he entered a busy internet juice bar on the beach and looked through the menu, trying to decide what crazy combination he could order. He and Kai had been planning this date for the last few weeks after Zane had helped them sort out their own schedules that allowed them more than enough time to check up on the school work they had missed when they had run away and it also them a day to themselves. Granted it was just one day a month, but to them, it just made the date even more special.

They planned to meet up at the beach and spend the day taking turns choosing what to do together.

After placing his order he looked around and saw Harumi looking up something on one of the juice bar's computers. Cole might not have liked her, but recently Morro gave them all a long lecture about how you should try and spend a large amount of time together before you decide to like someone. It was weird hearing Morro saying this. Cole's phone suddenly buzzed and saw it was a text from Kai, saying that he was going to be a little late and to get the drinks.