Together Until The End

Ray sighed as he and Maya curled up on the couch. It was the night of the full moon and he hoped that Kai and Cole came to their senses before it was too late and their secret was exposed. There was still no sign of either of them and none of their friends or Nya had received any more calls. Ray had called all their relatives he could think of that the boys might have been staying with. Unfortunately, there was still nothing but at least they all knew to keep an eye out.

However, Ray and Maya had failed to mention to any of their relatives why Kai and Cole had run away.

That was something that didn't sit right with Nya. She had even gone as far as to call her own parents homophobic, the stress of everything finally catching up with her. This of course got her grounded for the rest of the month, or until her brother and Cole returned home, which everyone hoped was soon. There were missing person posters for them all around the city. The police had set up a large-scale search but time was running out.

They had to find them quickly before the moon raised or else something bad could happen, not only to both of them but to the werewolf secret as well.

Maya whimpered in worry at the thought of what could happen to her son and his boyfriend. Even though she hardly knew Cole she knew what he meant to Kai and he was a good friend to Nya as well. Seeing his wife's distraught face, he pulled her into a hug, and Maya struggled not to cry...

****************

Kai sighed as Cole filled up the tank in the car at another gas station. They were running out of money and time before the full moon. They had to find an isolated area, as far away from human contact as they could get, or else who knows what could happen to them.

"What do we do now?" Kai asked as they paid for the gas and started driving again.

"I don't know." Cole sighed.

"We can't go back home." He groaned, not willing to throw in the towel yet. "How far should we go?"

"We can go as far as you want to, babe." Cole smiled loving at him and they drove in silence for half an hour until they pulled up outside a diner on the side of the road, near a small forest. They ordered some food, only something small however because they were running low on money and started eating, trying to think of their next move.

"We have to find somewhere to stay." Kai sighed before nibbling on some fries.

"You know... the world sure seems big when you can go anyplace..." Cole mumbled as he took a bite out of his burger. As they continued eating, the man behind the counter turned on the TV to the news channel.

"Authorities are still looking for teenagers Cole Brookstone and Kai Smith, both disappeared in the afternoon almost a week ago." The woman on the TV said, causing the young couple to freeze and turn to the TV. "The mother of Kai Smith has issued this emotional plead."

"Oh shit," Kai mumbled, beyond shocked, as his mother appeared on the TV.

"Kai, darling..." She sobbed loudly as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Your father and I are worried about you! Please come home!" She begged as two images of Kai and Cole appeared on the screen. They both grabbed what was left of their food and hit the trail again before anyone in the diner recognized them and called the cops.

"You're parents must be pretty worried." Cole suddenly said.

"Yeah, I wonder if your Dad's heard about this?"

"Don't it." He huffed. "He's never worried when I need him to be." He growled as his grip on the steering wheel tightened at the thought of his father. They were dragged out of their thoughts, however, when an odd sound reached their ears. Cole stopped the car and looked in the rearview mirror, only to gasp when he saw police helicopters behind them. Someone from the diner must have recognized them from the news and called the police.