Dr. Danger

Jay smirked as he quickly hid behind some bushes as he watched Zane walking around, examining the flora. When the pale teen said he wanted to examine some of the plants and animals in the Ninjago forest, the ginger-haired teen happily agreed to come with him. He had nothing better to do today so this seemed like the perfect distraction. Zane's car was parked nearby, perfectly hidden under the low branches of the trees. He was thankful that the surrounding plant life hid most of his scent, so Zane couldn't detect him.

This just made this more fun.

He waited until the brainiac was distracted by a family of foxes happily strolling past before he suddenly lunged forward and grabbed his friend by the shoulders. Zane wiped around and was ready to run away, think it was a threat or something. He glared when he saw it was just Jay laughing at him. The shorter male quickly ran back to the car with his friend following close behind.

"Caught you!" Jay laughed as Zane pulled out his keys.

"Did you now?" He frowned but eventually started laughing with his friend.

"Wanna go to the moon pool?" Jay asked as he looked to the mountains.

"Of course." He smiled and went to get into the car before Jay stopped him.

"I know a little shortcut." He smirked before quickly looking around and sniffing the air. As soon as he was sure they were completely alone, he transformed and took off running into the forest. Zane rolled his eyes at Jay's recklessness before he quickly transformed as well and followed his friend. Zane was right on his tail as Jay ran through the small entrance hidden under the waterfall as they ran. A couple of years ago, during a full moon, Zane was running around through the forest and had found an entrance into one of the mountains.

He learned that the mountain used to be an active volcano until it went extinct about three hundred years ago.

As soon as he found the entrance, he could sense there was something very special to werewolves in that mountain. He could tell it was also very private. The entrance was a small hole big enough for a wolf to walk through, and for a human to crawl through, in the mountainside near a waterfall. It was well covered by the thick ivy vines. The cave was quite large and inside the cave was cold, almost white sand. While half of it was sandy ground the other half was a pool of beautiful blue water.

Above the pool was the volcano's opening which revealed the sky.

Hardly anyone in the pack came here. It was only really used as a place to relax and chill without the prying eyes of humans or other members of their pack. If they looked closely at the pool, they could see a tunnel just under the water on the other side of the pool. It led to the ocean, and occasionally, they would find the odd small, colorful fish swimming around in the stunning blue water. As soon as they arrived at the chamber, both wolves shook themselves until they were dry and returned to human form Zane sat down on the sandy floor next to the moon pool as Jay leaned against the cave wall.

The two friends laughed, joked, and splashed each other before they decided that they had had enough.

Through the hole, they could see the sunset sky above and knew it was getting late. They transformed again and headed back to where Zane's car was thankfully still hidden.

"So, you got everything you need?" Jay asked as they got dressed.

"Yeah, that and a heart attack." He glared.

"Uh, yeah, sorry about that." He chuckled nervously and Zane looked like he was about to say something when he stopped and sniffed the air. Jay frowned but stiffened when he too caught the familiar scent. The two teens silently stalked through the trees until they reached a clearing, staying in the shadows. From where they were, they could see a group of humans pitching up tall white tents with what looked like research vans parked nearby.