Awkward Reunion

"WHERE IS MY BABY?!" Maya screamed as she and Ray burst into Zane's house, jolting Kai out of his nap all the way upstairs. He was dazed for a moment and winced at the pain in his injured leg. The pain in his ankle that was once sharp and burning now felt dull and distant. Kai had endured it for far too long until Dr. Julien gave him something and now felt like nothing more than a faint ache. Before he could do anything, however, he heard thundering footsteps approaching his temporary room.

The door suddenly burst open and his parents came running in.

As soon as they saw their son tears welled up in their eyes and they wrapped him in a hug before he could even blink. The sudden movement caused Kai to gasp in pain when they knocked into his cast. As soon as his parents saw he cast Maya started sobbing loudly at the thought of her son being in pain.

"Oh my baby, what happened to you?" She whimpered.

"A...A fox trap." He replied quietly, still unable to process what happened.

"Oh, God." Ray paled at the thought of his son trapped in one of those machines. "Who the fuck would leave such a thing like that out for people to just wander into?!"

"It happened on the full moon." He gulped as tears welled up in his eyes. "I'm so sorry!" He sobbed like a child, dying any shouts his parents had waiting. With that, Ray and Maya pulled him into a hug, allowing him to cry into their shoulders. As soon as Kai had calmed down enough to stop crying, Maya pulled away and wiped the tears off her son's cheeks.

"Don't worry, you're home now." She smiled before her gaze darkened. "But if you do anything like this again you will NEVER leave the apartment without either me or your father present, is that clear?!" She growled, her eyes glowing bright yellow. Kai could only nod frantically, too scared to say anything. This seemed to satisfy his parents and they pulled him back into a hug...

****************

Noon came very quickly and by that time Nya had called all their friends to tell them Cole and Kai were back. As soon as they heard the news everyone had come to Zane's house to see how they both were, with the exception of Pixel. She and the others still hadn't made peace yet. The only ones who were talking to her were Jay and Zane.

Everyone was enjoying some of Zane's food while they crowded in Kai's temporary room.

They had all signed their names on Kai's cast and no one dared mention how his leg got hurt, knowing how disturbing it was. As they all talked and laughed Cole walked into the room, dressed in some pajamas and his hair wet since he had just come out of the shower. It had only been a few days since his last shower and Cole didn't know how much he missed the warm water.

He didn't know how wild werewolves survived without a shower.

Not only that but the thought of living in the wild with no safe food or with all those dangers made Cole flinch. Hopefully, none of them would ever have to live like that ever again.

"You guys know all those cheesy shampoo adverts? Well, I've seen the light, it smells like home." He smiled happily as he took a seat in the armchair next to his boyfriend.

"You're both very lucky." Lloyd scolded.

"We know and we're sorry we ran away like that," Kai said, shame clear on his face.

"You ran away because of me," Maya muttered sadly. "Because you were scared of what I would say."

"No, I pushed him into it." Cole quickly said. "You're like the most understanding parent ever, unlike my dad." He added and as soon as he mentioned his father, Ray and Maya shared an uneasy look.

"What's wrong?" Morro asked.

"We called Lou while you were in the shower," Ray replied. "He's on his way."

"Why?" Cole gulped fearfully.

"We had to let him know you were ok," Maya explained.

"Well ring him back and say Cole's fine," Nya said only for them all to freeze when they heard the sound of a familiar car approaching. They heard Zane's father open the door and a few minutes later the doctor came into the room with Lou Brookstone in tow. His face was surprisingly stoic as he stared right into his son's soul. The others all left the room, leaving only the Smiths and the Brookstones alone in the room.

"Look at him, like butter wouldn't melt." The dancer said, his voice portraying his true feelings.

"Sorry, Dad," Cole muttered, unable to meet his father's gaze.

"What were you thinking?"

"We... just needed to get away."

"They're back now, that's the important thing," Said Ray.

"Have you two had a decent explanation?" He asked the other parents in the room.

"Well, it was... an adventure, a right of passage of sorts." Maya smiled, knowing that it was up to Cole to telling his father the reason. Lou just scoffed and glared at his son.

"You're grounded until Christmas and any arguments it will be until Easter; now get your bags." He glared and Cole's eyes started welling up with tears.

"Dad do something," Nya whispered but Ray shook his head, it was not his place to say anything.

"Switch off the crocodile tears and get in the car," Lou growled.

"No, I'll tell you why we ran away!" He snapped as he stood up. He glanced back at Kai, who nodded, and turned back to look his after right in the eyes. "We're in love alright? Kai and I are in love!"

"With each other and we're a couple," Kai added as Lou paled.

"Y-You're not gay!" He shouted at his son who stood his ground. "You're both just kids!"

"Oh no Mr. Brookstone, they so are a couple." Nya smiled, getting a glare from her family.

"This is down to him." Lou spat, glaring at Kai.

"Don't you dare speak to him like that!" Cole snarled as he stepped aside to block his dad's line of sight from his boyfriend.

"Lou please it's a shock to all of us." Ray quickly said, trying to break the tension. "Maya and I know what you're going through."

"I'm not going through anything! My son is no homosexual!" He roared. "I'm mean look at him! He could have any woman he wants when he's older! This is all down to that born again Looney Tunes you call a son!"

"You better watch your mouth!" Ray snarled.

"Dad, we kiss and we hold each other, we're in love!" Cole cried as tears rolled down his face, but Lou could only look at him as if he was something he'd scraped off the bottom of his shoes.

"You're both disgusting."

"Get out! Cole's moving in with us!" Maya shouted and no one dared argue with her. "We can accept them for what they are!"

"Confused children is what they are!" Lou glared before turning back to his son. "Are you coming home with me or not?!"

"No." Cole sobbed as Kai rubbed comforting circles into his back.

"Go, now." Ray snarled as he stepped into Lou's face. The two fathers stared each other down until Lou snorted in disgusted and promptly stormed out of the room, out of the house, and drove all the way back home, leaving his distraught son in the care of the Smith family. As soon as they were sure he was gone, Maya turned to the two boys.

"I will not either of you disrespected like that." She reassured them before sighing. "I'm still not happy about all of this, boys, but I'm doing my best to accept it, and Cole you are more than happy to stay with us, isn't he Ray?" She asked her husband who simply nodded...