[11] I missed you...

6 Days later

Malibu House.

"JARVIS, you there?" I call out, bringing the bag in behind me and shutting the door.

"Yes Miss Rolling. Always." The AI says politely. I smile at the cuteness of it, wishing that I could have met the real Jarvis when he was alive.

"Aw, can you tell Tony that I'm home please. I'll be in my room." I request.

"Of course, Miss Rolling." His robotic voice echoes through the hallway that I walk up to get into my room. I throw my bag onto my bed and start taking the clothes and toiletries out. Just as I'm taking out all of my dirty underwear and clothes, Tony walks in without knocking. I throw the bag on top of the pile quickly, agitated. He raises an eyebrow at my quick movements and smirks.

"I saw that. No need to be so secretive." I roll my eyes and grab the whole pile, throwing it into the washing basket that I held in the corner of my room. Tony comes over and pulls me into a hug that I obviously melt into. "It's been boring without you. Don't ever leave me again, in fact I'm gonna' keep you locked up here." I laugh a little at his exaggeration.

"Yeah, not going to happen buddy. If it makes you any happier, I missed you a little bit." I show him by almost touching my thumb and pointer finger together.

"Aw, How nice. I feel so loved." He says, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"You should." I giggle. Tony lets out a chuckle and then releases me from the hug. "Have you gotten everything ready for the Stark expo yet?"

"Yeah, Pepper sorted it all out. Hey... do you think you can give me another massage? I need to talk to you about something..."

-----------------------------

I sit backstage at the Stark expo, waiting for Tony to make his grand entrance. We had to fly all the way to New York for it and I have to admit, I'm excited. I watch the dancers move around in stage in their slutty 'Costumes' if you can even call them that. They come off the stage and Tony starts his speech.

"It's good to be back!" He calls out, making the crowd roar and cheer. "You missed me?" He asks. Some guy in the audience asks him to blow something up and I look over to Rhodey. Hasn't he done enough of that already? "I missed you guys too. Blow something up? I already did that." The crowd laughs along with him. "I'm not saying that the world is enjoying its longest period of interrupted peace in years because of me. And my very beautiful assistant." He winks in my direction making girls swoon and me blush. Rhodey raises an eyebrow, nudging my side. "I'm not saying that from the ashes of captivity, never has a greater phoenix metaphor been personified in human history. I'm not saying that Uncle Sam can kick back on a lawn chair, sipping on an iced tea because I haven't come across anyone who's man enough to go toe-to-toe with me on my best day." He continues talking, watching the crowd become a little more settled after the initial excitement.

"I love you Tony!" I hear a woman shout. I smile because it was one of the few women who didn't pull up their shirts or show some cleavage off to the world.

"Please, it's not about me. It's not about you." Tony waves his hand. "It's not even about us. It's about legacy. It's about what we choose to leave behind for future generations. And that's why for the next year and for the first time since 1974, the best and brightest men and women of nations and corporations the world over will pool their resources, share their collective vision, to leave behind a brighter future. It's not about us." He finishes off.

"Hey, I gotta go do something. Tell Tony I said congratulations." Rhodey whispers to me, putting his phone back into his pocket.

"Alright. See you later Rhodes." He walks off and I turn back to watch my kind-of boyfriend speak to everyone. "Therefore, what I'm saying, if I'm saying anything, is welcome back to the Stark Expo. And now, making a special guest appearance from the great beyond to tell you what it's all about, please welcome my father, Howard." The crowd roars with cheers and clapping, looking up to watch the video. Tony comes backstage and smirks. "So how did I do?" He asks.

"Well, girls were flashing you and guys looked angry. You did brilliant." I laugh.

"Hm, I always do but thanks for the input." He pulls out a square like machine and stabs his finger on it. I look over to the results.

Toxicity: 47%

I look at him, worried about his health. Our health, but he just looks forward and pulls me along. Together we walk to the exit where Happy waits for us. Once again, I was in a cream dress with a bedazzled top. It was floor length and I wore silvery flats underneath, making my head come up to Tony's nose.

"Alright, be careful, It's a zoo out there." He opens the door and suddenly I was surrounded by screaming girls, kids and even men. People reached out - mostly for Tony but I still had some fans out there. Kids were asking for autographs, girls were giving out their numbers (occasionally, they were given to me), guys were throwing their numbers to me (and Tony got a few too), but we managed to get to the stairs peacefully.

"This is Larry!" I hear Happy introduce the old man over the roaring of fans. I hold out my hand for him to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you." I tell him. I leave Tony to greet him and walk forward, Happy and a couple of other security guards helped push fans back. We pass probably thousands of people when we finally managed to make it to the outside world.

"That wasn't too bad." Tony tells the two of us teasingly.

"I'm sorry, What? I can't hear you over the deafness that has accumulated in my ears." I jokingly exclaim.

"You can't accumulate deafness." He snarks back to me as Happy smiled at the two of us.

"Look at what we got here, it's the new model." I look over to the flashy white Audi R8.

"No way!" I drool, running after it and hesitating to touch it. "I'm driving." I demand but Tony shakes his head, a rare smile occupying his face.

"No way, babe. I'm driving. You mind Happy?"

"Well, it's only you two that are going in it." He says, throwing Tony the keys.

"Don't call me babe." I growl, scowling about how I'm not allowed to drive it. A woman walks up to the car just as I take my seat. Happy starts to walk towards her protectively.

"And what might you be doing later tonight." Tony flirts with her, making me look at him disgusted.

"Serving subpoenas." She says. I look at her, agitated. She tries to hand Tony a piece of paper and he slightly moves back so I take it from her instead.

"He doesn't like being handed things. I'll take it." I roll my eyes but she only smiles sternly.

"Not to worry. The letter applies to you too, Miss Rolling. You two are hereby ordered to appear before the Senate Armed Services Committee tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m."

"Can I see a badge." Tony asks her.

"You want to see the badge?" She asks mockingly.

"He likes to see the badge." Happy steps in front of her, towering over the small woman's body. She pulls out a badge and I place my hand on my forehead. Court? Great, absolutely wonderful.

"You like it now." She drawls, looking up at Happy. Tony starts up the car and turns to me.

"How far are we from DC?" He asks.

"DC?" I do the math in my head. "450 miles." I guess. He starts driving off, leaving Happy and the woman behind us.

"This is fucking great." I state, throwing my hands up which makes Tony snicker.

"C'mon, this can't be your first time in court..." He passes it off.

"Well, guess what? It is. What are we going to do if they take the suits off us?" I ask nervously.

"They won't. I promise." He grabs onto my hand and squeezes it, giving me instant calmness. We spent the rest of the way to DC in complete silence. Not awkward but calming.

------------------

EDITED: 18/09/2016

-----------------