[7] Building the suit... suits?

The next day, I spent most of my time just sitting in bed and watching TV. Most of the stuff was just people picking on Stark industries, and Tony and myself. It was funny but kind of sad all at the same time.

'Stark industries! I've got one recommendation! Ready? Ready? Sell, sell, sell! Abandon ship! Does the Hindenburg ring any bells? Let me show you the new Stark Industries business plan! Look! There's a weapons company that doesn't sell weapons!'

I wince at the incredibly exaggerated show, annoyed at the insults towards the company. Just because it started out as a weapons company doesn't mean that it always would be. I slowly get up, wincing at the pain in my arm and walk into the kitchen. As I butter some Nutella onto some wholemeal read, my phone starts ringing with Tony's picture coming up.

"Yes Mr Stark?" I answer, multitasking with the food in my hands.

"Mantha, how big are your hands?" He asks me casually.

"Uh, what?" I ask slowly, placing the bread onto the plate once more.

"Get down here. I need your help and then I need to do something.'' I sigh and agree, hanging up on him. The lab was quiet but as I walk down I see why. Tony was laying shirtless on one of his metal benches, heart monitor hooked up to him with a medical tray next to him.

"You're not performing surgery on yourself are you, Sir?" I say carefully, walking in.

"Hey! Let me see them." He greets, ignoring my comment. I hold them up, not sure what to expect from him. "Just as I expected. Petite hands for a petite body. Well not really, you have amazing curves but you're so thin-"

"No, Enough." I close my eyes, blushing slightly. "Not appropriate." I walk closer to him, eyeing the arc reactor that looked a lot newer than the one in our bodies. He just chuckles and waves me over. He takes the reactor out of his chest and gives it to me. I place it on the silver tray next to the newer one.

"I'm going to swap these arc reactors for an upgrade unit and I kind of ran into a little speed bump." He explains, trying to fiddle with the wires. "A tiny snag." He says, reaching around me to grab the brighter reactor.

"And how can I fix that?" I ask, slightly knowing what was to come.

"There's an exposed wire under the device and it's contacting the socket wall and causing a bit of a short. I need you to reach in and gently grab the wire out." He says. I shrug and place my hand in the hole in Tony's chest. I try to feel for the wire and ignore the fact that my hand was in my boss' chest cavity. I feel a slimy substance ooze through my fingers and an odour starts to lift from his chest.

"Gross! There's puss." I scrunch up my eyebrows in disgust, almost gagging.

"Relax, It's not pus. It's inorganic plasmic discharge from the wire." He laughs, making his chest shake lightly.

"Well it still feels and smells disgusting." I tell him while successfully managing to gently take out the wire.

"Now don't pull the end of it out, there's a magnet-" As he said this, I lifted it out too quickly which ripped out the magnet.

"Oh shit." I swear.

"Ouch! That's it. You just pulled it out!" He winces, the heart monitor starting to go all crazy.

" What do I do?" I panic, trying to settle him and myself at the same time. I was not a surgeon; I just build stuff.

"Quickly switch it out. Attach the wire to the base plate and- slide in." I grab the new reactor and connect the wires and quickly as I could. I felt the two connect together and I sighed, letting it drop. Tony clicks in the reactor and he sighs carefully.